Yamaha - RX-V vs. HTR line? What's the difference? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha - RX-V vs. HTR line? What's the difference?

Jim85IROC
03-11-2004, 05:57 AM
Some of the models in yamaha's two lines appear to be identical except for the different part numbers. Is there any difference between their HTR line and the RX-V? It seems like all of the HTR stuff is segregated on a different part of Yamaha's website. Their new HTR-5750 is a pretty neat looking unit.

Monstrous Mike
03-11-2004, 06:32 AM
Some of the models in yamaha's two lines appear to be identical except for the different part numbers. Is there any difference between their HTR line and the RX-V? It seems like all of the HTR stuff is segregated on a different part of Yamaha's website. Their new HTR-5750 is a pretty neat looking unit.
See this: http://www.yamaha.com/yec/customer/faqs/av_receivers/faq00.htm

mufj
03-11-2004, 07:54 AM
There is a link in the FAQ section on Yamahas web site that talks about this. Bascially the difference as I understand it is that the RXV line is sold only to what I call the specialty stores. These are not allowed to be sold over the internet or by mail order. Also it appears to be tested differently. They both are made the same with the same components whith the exception of some cosmetic differences. It may mean that with the RXV line you get a little bit tighter quality control. However I suspect only the more critical audiophile will notice the difference. Anyway if it were me I would go with whoever gives me the best overall deal. Tha is my 2 cents