Rotel Launches 15 Series HT Line [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rotel Launches 15 Series HT Line

Ajani
09-04-2008, 10:02 AM
So many new audio products being launched and so little time to check them all out...

Anyway, Rotel has launched it's new 15 Series HT line (with the 2 channel version set to debut early in 2009)...

http://www.cepro.com/article/rotel_unveils_new_flagship_15_series/

Of interest is that there is currently no DVD/Bluray Player in the series... hmmm... wonder if they will introduce one in 2009....

The look seems very similiar to the Krell Kav line (not a bad thing at all, and far preferable to the ugly old gull wings that spoiled the aesthetics of the old 10 series):

http://www.cepro.com/slideshow/category/C279

Hyfi
09-05-2008, 10:55 AM
So many new audio products being launched and so little time to check them all out...

Anyway, Rotel has launched it's new 15 Series HT line (with the 2 channel version set to debut early in 2009)...

http://www.cepro.com/article/rotel_unveils_new_flagship_15_series/

Of interest is that there is currently no DVD/Bluray Player in the series... hmmm... wonder if they will introduce one in 2009....

The look seems very similiar to the Krell Kav line (not a bad thing at all, and far preferable to the ugly old gull wings that spoiled the aesthetics of the old 10 series):

This is good news. I am helping a friend put together a system around Dynaudio Audience line and was looking at Rotel but was advised negatively due to lack of HDMI. This solves that problem for me.

PDN
09-09-2008, 06:10 PM
The description for the RSX-1550 A-V Receiver states it's a 7.1 channel unit with 5 x 100 watt channels........I believe they meant to state 7 x 100 watts/channel continuous or did I not read this correctly?

Rich-n-Texas
09-18-2008, 04:46 AM
The description for the RSX-1550 A-V Receiver states it's a 7.1 channel unit with 5 x 100 watt channels........I believe they meant to state 7 x 100 watts/channel continuous or did I not read this correctly?

A second A/V receiver, the RSX-1550, is a 7.1-channel design with 5 by 100 watts of class A/B power. It can be expanded with any of Rotel's two-channel or multi-channel power amps.
That seems lame to me, not to mention costly.

Ajani
09-18-2008, 05:11 AM
That seems lame to me, not to mention costly.

Yep... probably... but I guess they are thinking that many people are really still into 5.1, but might consider upgrading to 7.1 later on... so give them 5.1 standard with the potential to upgrade by just buying a 2 channel amp...

Rich-n-Texas
09-18-2008, 05:55 AM
Well, the truth of the matter is, from my standpoint, the Rotels of the world are a little late to the game in the first place. Why do these high-end companies get so far behind the more mainstream manufacturers when it comes to markets like Home Theater, which seems to be the hot sector currently?

Ajani
09-18-2008, 06:10 AM
Well, the truth of the matter is, from my standpoint, the Rotels of the world are a little late to the game in the first place. Why do these high-end companies get so far behind the more mainstream manufacturers when it comes to markets like Home Theater, which seems to be the hot sector currently?

High-End Companies seem to stick with stupidly long life-cycles (4 - 8 years) for products, while mainstream upgrade their products annually... So Denon and Yamaha will have out A/V Receivers with the most up-to-date specs and Rotel, Krell etc will have outdated processing and connectivity....

In the 2 channel world, where many audiophiles are still clutching turntables, a long product life cycle is perfectly fine... but it just doesn't cut it in the Hightech world of A/V...

The most interesting (some say brilliant, others say stupid) approach by a high end company is Parasound's new P7 Preamp (at $2K, it's not remotely cheap though)... it's a 7.1 channel preamp... with 0 processing capability and 0 digital inputs... so it's a way to get a high end preamp sound, but you need to buy a dvd/bluray player that will do all the processing for you...

http://www.parasound.com/halo/p7.php

Rich-n-Texas
09-18-2008, 06:59 AM
Beautiful piece that Parasound Pre-amp is. Our infamous PeruvianSkies had Parasound Halo equipment and I was envious everytime I looked at his photo gallery.

blackraven
09-18-2008, 07:51 AM
I'm leaning toward buying the Parasound Halo A21 amp. They certainly make nice equipment at a reasonable price.

Ajani
09-18-2008, 08:01 AM
The Parasound Halo line sure looks nice, but I'd hold off on buying some of the products as they seem to be due for an overhaul soon... The Halo P3/A23 have been out since 2001 and the A21 etc came out soon after... Rotel also debuted their gear in 2001 and are finally releasing a new line... I'd wait to see if Parasound updates those 7/8 year old amps before buying one....

Feanor
09-18-2008, 08:06 AM

I'd have prefered it more like McIntosh. The Emotiva is over the top, though: 'way too glitzy.

Ajani
09-18-2008, 08:37 AM
I'd have prefered it more like McIntosh. The Emotiva is over the top, though: 'way too glitzy.

Mc is nice... but so easily recognizable, that ripping it off would be embarassing....

Rich-n-Texas
09-18-2008, 10:09 AM
Yeah. This coming from someone who drives a 1980 Ford Taurus station wagon. :rolleyes:

:D

Feanor
09-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Yeah. This coming from someone who drives a 1980 Ford Taurus station wagon. :rolleyes:

:D

... that an '80 Taurus is glitzy? :confused5: (Actually mine's a '02.)

captjamo
09-18-2008, 01:30 PM
I am very interested in the RSX-1560, 7 x 100, class D, A/V receiver. If they would have had this piece to market less than one year ago when I bought my new HT gear I would have bought it.

Rich-n-Texas
09-18-2008, 03:40 PM
... that an '80 Taurus is glitzy? :confused5: (Actually mine's a '02.)
Well, I can't describe it as having that..."conservative" look now can I?