Back Home [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Back Home

audiobill
09-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Hey all RRers,

Yesterday we, finally, moved back into our home, after our flooding ordeal. Hard to believe (actually, not) it's been 3 1/2months of living in a hotel room. Thanks to you all the pain has been bearable and musical!!

My wife and I managed to get a one month reprieve and we took off to the Greek Isles with our youngest daughter. It was the best thing we could have done for ourselves. Fresh sea air, fresh food, and far far away from it all. Alas, upon returning, our house was still not finished (we were promised it would all be done upon our return). Soooo, another week in a hotel room and a move-in this past weekend/ labour day included. Tons of boxes everywhere, yet it sure was nice to sleep in our own bed.

90% of the work is completed. What is becoming evident is that the completion of the final 10% may prove to be like pulling teeth in terms of the trades coming back now that we are moved in. I'll just have to be on top of both the insurance adjuster and the contractor.

Spent today getting back into a workplace frame of mind. Wow!!! Also, spent time catching up on the RR threads.

Ray Lamontaigne in Toronto -- all sold out -- dang -- I would have liked to go and join ForeverAutumn and her hubby on that one. Are u sure it's all sold out FA???

Next week, I will begin the process of shopping for new AV goodies to replace the totalled systems. Still listening to tunes on the little boombox. I've become quite attached to it, but I can't wait to get a proper system happening and some high def video viewing.

Speaking of goodies, they are still finding their way into my mailbox. Mr Tweedy from Indy had an eclectic package of music from the Virgins to Obscurity Vol. 1 waiting for me upon my return from Greece.

Well, I'm back and can't wait to interact with the RR inmates now that a Big burden has been lifted. Thanks-a-ton to everyone for lifting our spirits with your gift of music.

I'm baaaaaaaack!!!

audiobill

Troy
09-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Welcome home, holmes.

bobsticks
09-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Welcome home, holmes.

ditto.

Congrats on the homecoming, bill.

ForeverAutumn
09-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Welcome back Bill. I'm glad to hear that you're finally back home. What a horrible ordeal you've been through.

As for Ray Lamontagne, Hubby and I would be happy to have you join us. Check Ticketmaster for tickets. Last time I checked the show was sold out, but I've found that Ticketmaster will sometimes get more tickets closer to an event as some seats that might be held back for various reasons will get released.

GMichael
09-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Welcome back home.

3-LockBox
09-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Welcome home, dude.