Turbo - Charged [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Turbo - Charged

s dog
09-01-2008, 04:24 PM
What does dish mean when they say your HD channels has been Turbo - Charged ? I asked one of the sales people on the phone but they didn't know, [ Big surprise there ] They have a channel 075-00 that does advertising all day long, Something about BR quality and 1080p and some kinda of new processing code. I wonder if this is some kinda cheap *ssed sales pitch. I have the dish vip 722 dvr receiver and it looks the same as it alway has good, but not any better.

elapsed
09-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Basically, your Cable Provider has a data compressor used for forced-induction of a High Definition engine. Like a supercharger, the purpose of a turbocharger is to increase the mass of data entering the HDTV to create more resolution. However, a turbocharger differs in that the compressor is powered by a turbine driven by the HDTV's own exhaust gases.

cheers,
elapsed

pixelthis
09-01-2008, 10:57 PM
[QUOTE=elapsed]Basically, your Cable Provider has a data compressor used for forced-induction of a High Definition engine. Like a supercharger, the purpose of a turbocharger is to increase the mass of data entering the HDTV to create more resolution. However, a turbocharger differs in that the compressor is powered by a turbine driven by the HDTV's own exhaust gases.

cheers,
elapsed

Do you know this guy?:1:

pixelthis
09-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Baiscally this is marketing gobbldegook.
premium gobbledegook with a little bit of BS thrown in, like when a chick says she loves you and you wake up in a tub of ice with a kidney gone.
DISH is touting that they have "BLU" quality, which is 1080p.
They probably shoot it down in 1080i and the box deinterlaces it or something.
IF THEY SEND it down in straight 1080p, THAT WILL REQUIRE SO MUCH BANDWIDTH and microwave power that the earth will go
nova and explode, so that cant be it.
NOW, send me 50,000 dollars so I can send you the key to eternal life:1:

s dog
09-02-2008, 06:34 AM
I thought it might be a load of BS, Thanks

RoadRunner6
09-02-2008, 11:03 AM
Turbo-Charged means that they are about to raise your monthly rate!

RR6 :biggrin5:

GMichael
09-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Turbo-rates?

Rich-n-Texas
09-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Turbo-Charged means that they are about to raise your monthly rate!

RR6 :biggrin5:
NAILED IT!!!