Hey, guys! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hey, guys!

RoyY51
08-30-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm trying to upload a couple of photos of my latest DIY project and I've forgotten how to do it. Since my kids aren't around to talk me through it, I'm appealing to the good members of this forum: could someone please tell me, step by step, using small words, how to post these pictures in the DIY section of the gallery?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Yes, I'm old and techno-challenged, but I know that there has to be someone out there who needs a shot of good kharma today. Here's your chance!

PDN
08-30-2008, 06:41 PM
Roy:

When you start a new thread, you'll notice at the top of the message box area a "paper clip" icon. If you click that, it will allow you to insert photos from your computer. Click "browse" and it will bring you to the root directory in your PC. Many of us store photos in "My Pictures" which can be found under "My Documents if you're using WinXP or similar. Then scroll down to the photo you want to insert, click on it, the hit "upload". That should do it. Try it. As a word of caution, always double check that you've selected the exact photo you want to upload just to be sure. Give it a shot.

RoyY51
08-30-2008, 07:27 PM
The wife here,

I am not seeing the paperclip. I am normally pretty adept at this and just can't seem to figure this out. We have an old computer system, could that be the problem? While in "my photos", I clicked on download photos and it said something like "sorry, you do not have permission to download photos." This if frustrating me as I am usually able to do things like this. I really appreciate your time!

Roy's Wife

bobsticks
08-30-2008, 07:49 PM
Hey Roy's Wife...and Roy,

Look in the upper grey area of the "Message " field on the "Reply To Thread"page. There should be a blue "A" then a blank field or two, an underlined blue "A", a white smiley face, and to the right of that, the little paperclip symbol.

Clicking on the paperclip symbol should allow you to browse your photo section and attach or upload photos. Should you still receive the "sorry, you do not have permission to download photos." message you may want to check who's logged on, as sometimes only local administrators are set up to download...nevermind...you must have hit the wrong symbol...you're trying to upload a picture.

Good to have you both around.

---sticks

RoyY51
09-03-2008, 06:07 AM
After following the suggestions from the above well-informed members, I am still receiving the message that I "don't have permission to upload photos". Is there anything that you Folks in Charge can do to change this? I was allowed to upload them before, so why not now? Who's permission do I need to get?

My wife says it's OK, if that helps...

Rich-n-Texas
09-03-2008, 07:45 AM
So you're trying to get photo's into AR.com's "Photo Gallery" correct? Specifically the "Audioreview.com Kit & other DIY". Is that right Roy?

RoyY51
09-03-2008, 07:48 AM
You are correct, sir. Any thoughts?

Rich-n-Texas
09-03-2008, 07:59 AM
Getting photos into the Gallery has always been a source of confusion for me Roy, but right now I'm in my Gallery and I'm not seeing any way to upload photos. I'm in Gallery Index ==> Member Galleries ==> Rich-n-Texas, but a link that allows me to upload photos is not appearing. Don't know why that is, but I'll continue to research and see what I find.

GMichael
09-03-2008, 08:11 AM
I know that whenever you post a pic in a thread it shows up in your gallery. It's the only way I know of to get them there.

RoyY51
09-03-2008, 08:11 AM
That makes sense, but how does it know which gallery to post it in...DIY, Home Theater, Stereo...?

GMichael
09-03-2008, 08:27 AM
You've got me good there Roy &/or wifey. I've been poking around the gallery section trying to find a way. So far, no clue. If I do find a way I'll be back.

Rich-n-Texas
09-03-2008, 09:13 AM
That makes sense, but how does it know which gallery to post it in...DIY, Home Theater, Stereo...?
It puts them in your own Member Gallery, probably based on your username.

I'm still not understanding why, all of a sudden I don't have a link that allows me to place pictures into my own gallery.

Maybe an informed mod will make his way into this thread and help us out.

RoyY51
09-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Over here!

RoyY51
09-03-2008, 12:52 PM
I just read in another post ("PM SPAM threads merge", General, pg. 2) that Atomic Adam did a "restricting of permissions"to thwart a spammer who posted an objectionable picture. Could this have something to do with our inability to upload pictures in the galleries?

atomicAdam
09-11-2008, 10:57 AM
did you try this link highlighted in this picture? Another thing, make sure you are logged into the gallery. Since the gallery is hosted at gallery.audioreivew.com and the forums are at forums.audioreview.com you may need to re-log in due to the sub domain switch.

I also talked to our engineer who said the permissions for uploading to the gallery haven't been changed in years. So you'll should be good to upload an image.

Rich-n-Texas
09-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Hey Folks,

Just got a PM about this thread. I didn't do anything I know of but I will ask engineering if they did and I'll hunt down the problem/s and let you all know what is up.

-adam
Oh geeeez. I thought Vlad008 was a spammer. :blush2:

GMichael
09-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Oh geeeez. I thought Vlad008 was a spammer. :blush2:

Don't tell me you reported his post as SPAM?
:frown2:

atomicAdam
09-11-2008, 01:46 PM
no - the vlad008 account is just another account - sorry about the confusion.

-adam

Rich-n-Texas
09-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Don't tell me you reported his post as SPAM?
:frown2:
I don't remember. :nonod:

RoyY51
09-11-2008, 03:50 PM
did you try this link highlighted in this picture? Another thing, make sure you are logged into the gallery. Since the gallery is hosted at gallery.audioreivew.com and the forums are at forums.audioreview.com you may need to re-log in due to the sub domain switch.

I also talked to our engineer who said the permissions for uploading to the gallery haven't been changed in years. So you'll should be good to upload an image.

atomicAdam:

When I go to Gallerys, "upload photos" is not on my bar. I am logged on ( it recognizes "My Photos" and says" "Welcome RoyY51") but the upload option is nowhere to be seen. Just "Gallery Index" and "Search". Any chance you could pull up this page (under my login) and take a look?

basite
09-12-2008, 10:41 AM
yeah, here too...

I'm logged in to the gallery, it also recognizes my photos and also says 'welcome, Basite', but the 'upload photos' button is nowhere to be found... :(

keep them spinning,
Bert.

MikeG
09-12-2008, 11:31 AM
I just read in another post ("PM SPAM threads merge", General, pg. 2) that Atomic Adam did a "restricting of permissions"to thwart a spammer who posted an objectionable picture. Could this have something to do with our inability to upload pictures in the galleries?

That was the problem. Thanks for the detailed info and sorry for the confusion. Y'all should be able to upload photos now.

Rich-n-Texas
09-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Attention attention! MikeG is NOT, I repeat... NOT a spammer. Don't hit that exclamation triangle! He's a Code Monkey with a bicycle helmet. :biggrin5:

RoyY51
09-12-2008, 02:36 PM
There is still no "Upload Photos" button and I still don't have permission to do so.

Rich-n-Texas
09-12-2008, 02:55 PM
You're not alone RoyY. It may have already been suggested, but have you tried logging out and back in since MikeG (?) fixed the problem. I'm going to try that as soon as I find my password.

RoyY51
09-12-2008, 03:16 PM
...didn't work.

atomicAdam
09-15-2008, 01:49 PM
might be because there are two types of forum accounts on AR. registered users and forum regulars - i think mikeG just changed the permission of the registered users - i'll ask him to change the forum regular permissions as well.

-adam

RoyY51
09-15-2008, 02:08 PM
I'll be looking forward to it. I've got a couple of photos just burning a hole in my hard drive.

By the way, what constitutes a "forum regular"? How is that different from a "registered user"? Where's the dividing line?

atomicAdam
09-15-2008, 02:36 PM
try it now -

the permissions have been set - i've changed my account to a forum regular and see the upload button.

LMK if you have continuing issues - and don't forget to log out and log back in. also - remember sometimes when switch from forum to gallery the account maybe logged out.

-adam

Rich-n-Texas
09-15-2008, 02:47 PM
I logged out then back in but all I get is a blank page now when I click on the Photo Gallery link under "Share" at the top of the page.

L.J.
09-15-2008, 02:55 PM
I logged out then back in but all I get is a blank page now when I click on the Photo Gallery link under "Share" at the top of the page. Mine works :D

Rich-n-Texas
09-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Does that mean you've finally updated you're library?

RoyY51
09-15-2008, 03:26 PM
We have photo-age! Thanks, aA, for taking the time to correct the problem...very much appreciated.

Rich-n-Texas
09-15-2008, 04:59 PM
All better now. :thumbsup:

Rich-n-Texas
09-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Does that mean you've finally updated you're library?
No Rich, he hasn't updated is photo library. :rolleyes:

StevenSurprenant
09-16-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm trying to upload a couple of photos of my latest DIY project and I've forgotten how to do it. Since my kids aren't around to talk me through it, I'm appealing to the good members of this forum: could someone please tell me, step by step, using small words, how to post these pictures in the DIY section of the gallery?

Near the top of the screen you will see a button called [SHARE]. Under that button you will see [Photo Gallery]...Click on that.

to the left of the screen just above your moniker (name) you will see [My Photos]...Click on that.

To the right you will see [Upload Photos]...Click on that.

You can figure out the rest...

I just realized that the question has already has been answered...Sorry Opps

RoyY51
09-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the info Steven. Actually, the problem turned out to a wrong button, pushed by one of the People in Charge. I'm now able to post photos and plan to do so momentarily.

jrhymeammo
09-16-2008, 04:00 PM
I think we are limited on size of picture files.
But now I have another file in my photo-gallery.

Hey JM, this kinda sucks....

RoyY51
09-16-2008, 05:34 PM
...who helped me figure this out. It is very much appreciated.

If anyone's interested, I finally got the pics posted in the DIY section of the photo gallery. I would appreciate it if you would take a look, and give me your thoughts.

Rich-n-Texas
09-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Naaaa. :biggrin5:

jake22745
10-13-2009, 02:41 PM

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Yes, I'm old and techno-challenged, but I know that there has to be someone out there who needs a shot of good kharma today. Here's your chance!

Thanks for helping me find the manual for the Fisher CD recorder. You have a nice equipment set up. I sing and play Southern Gospel. I sold some of my equipment (Mackie) and went to the Bose Model 11 system. It makes as much sound as the Mackie and the heaviest piece weights 26 lb. It used to be "if it wasn't heavy" you had no good sounds. But I still have two QSC power amps, bottoms, 16 channel board, BF monitors, and speaker tops for the bottom speakers. I have used this in a football field and it did very well. I need to sell it, but I hate to part with it. It's just sitting in my storage building. After you get 64 years old, the heave stuff stays at home. I went from an Eagle bus to a Ford Van (it went with the clunkers for cash), to a Honda CR-V and everything fits for a three person trio. You can see us on www.reverbnation.com/jakehowardbart.