please please please help !!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : please please please help !!!

meekyman47
08-30-2008, 07:53 AM
Right heres the low down
i went into my attic and found my old speakers from my old hi -fi
i dont have the hi-fi base box anymore just the two speakers
each speaker has a long cable running from it that splits into two at the end

is there any possible way i can connect them up to my tv or computer ???

pleaseee help i really want to get this to work

im pretty good at soldering and electircal stuff

please help anyone
i thought of snipping of the end to a pair of headphones and then wiring up, and putting it into the headphone slot on the tv , but that didnt work lol ,

any ideas please please please
:5:

02audionoob
08-30-2008, 08:59 AM
You need a source with enough power to drive the speakers. Your computer's sound output could be run into a receiver or amplifier which could in turn run the speakers. Here's an example:

http://www.amazon.com/AudioSource-AMP-100-2-Channel-Bridgeable-Amplifier/dp/B00026BQJ6

PDN
08-30-2008, 06:52 PM
You really need to invest in a 2 channel integrated amp or receiver if you want decent sounding music along with a CD player (if you use CD's) or a turntable if you still play vinyl. If music is your interest, forget about your PC or TV. Just my opinion. NAD for example manufactures a combo CD player and receiver. Very nice sound. Remember, you get what you pay for.

Asterix77
09-01-2008, 08:59 AM
If quality is no issue and you just want it to work, buy a cheap second handed amp or receiver. As said by others, the comp and TV won't drive your speakers on their own.

markw
09-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Right heres the low down
i went into my attic and found my old speakers from my old hi -fi
i dont have the hi-fi base box anymore just the two speakers
each speaker has a long cable running from it that splits into two at the end

is there any possible way i can connect them up to my tv or computer ???

pleaseee help i really want to get this to work

im pretty good at soldering and electircal stuff

please help anyone
i thought of snipping of the end to a pair of headphones and then wiring up, and putting it into the headphone slot on the tv , but that didnt work lol ,

any ideas please please please
:5:Depending on what that "your old hi-fi" is and the relationship between your "old speakers" and that "hi-fi-bass box" is, they may or may not work as stand alone units.

If you want any real guidance you're gonna have to provide a bit more info, mate. Say, like makes and model numbers?