your best HT gift [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : your best HT gift

Tarheel_
08-28-2008, 06:40 PM
my wife gave me a Pioneer 563 (i think that's the model) DVD player for Christmas a few years back with some SACD and DVD Audio discs of my faves...wondering as we approach the Holiday season what your best gift was?

Rich-n-Texas
08-28-2008, 07:48 PM
All my home theater gifts were given to me... by me. Best gift hands down is my PS3. And after that, all the Jazz greats that contributed to the "Legends of Jazz" BD in glorious Dolby TrueHD playback! :thumbsup:.

GMichael
08-29-2008, 05:46 AM
I always give me the best gifts. Last year I gave me a pair of Mini Stratas in piano rosewood. OK OK, so they improved my 2 channel listening more than the HT. But I still love them best.

Numbers 2 & 3 would have to be the two projectors. Gotta love a big screen. And yes, size does matter. (hard to call these a gift thought. they were part of a deal with the misses that included the sale of my Harley:17: :mad: )

GMichael
08-29-2008, 05:52 AM
All my home theater gifts were given to me... by me. Best gift hands down is my PS3. And after that, all the Jazz greats that contributed to the "Legends of Jazz" BD in glorious Dolby TrueHD playback! :thumbsup:.

You're welcome.:ihih:

L.J.
08-29-2008, 08:32 AM

Go ahead, say it, go on.........

captjamo
08-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Didn't hear that one yet Rich. But I do love the two BD concerts that I have so far--Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds at Radio City Music Hall, and that little band from Texas ZZ TOP. Once you see and hear Blu-ray concerts you don't want anything else. Oh, I think LJ may be fishing for a pat on the back for talkin ya into that 15lb baby.

Rich-n-Texas
08-29-2008, 04:10 PM
As always, a big thanks to GM, L.J., Kex-o-Matic as well as everyone who's answered my questions, some dumb, some maybe not so dumb during my upgrade process. :thumbsup:

Once ya had Blue, ya never go back. :yesnod:

Tarheel_
08-30-2008, 05:36 PM
Great...i start a thread hoping many folks will chime in and all we get is some input from guys with 3k - 4k - and 9k posts...

i see this place has dropped since i was here a few years ago. It's not a game to hijack every thread!

pixelthis
08-30-2008, 08:06 PM
As always, a big thanks to GM, L.J., Kex-o-Matic as well as everyone who's answered my questions, some dumb, some maybe not so dumb during my upgrade process. :thumbsup:

Once ya had Blue, ya never go back. :yesnod:

ANOTHER CONVERT.
Anyway I have ever received is tied at two.
(A "gift" to yourself isnt a gift, its a purchase)
One was honkey chateu, the first lp I ever owned.
The second was a sound level meter, told ma I wanted one, and was pleasantly surprized when I received one next Christmas.
first runner up , the first "stereo" I ever got(had a record changer in the top but you always remember your first)
That piece of crap taught me that a decent pair of speakers will improve anything:1:

blackraven
08-30-2008, 09:59 PM
My 52" Sony LCD TV!

GMichael
09-02-2008, 05:41 AM
Great...i start a thread hoping many folks will chime in and all we get is some input from guys with 3k - 4k - and 9k posts...

i see this place has dropped since i was here a few years ago. It's not a game to hijack every thread!

This looks like the first off topic post to me.

Rich-n-Texas
09-02-2008, 11:26 AM

That's because we haven't had you here to keep threads on the right track.

I don't know what you mean by "this place has dropped" (you might want to be more specific), but there aren't "many folks" here to begin with.

Tarheel_
09-05-2008, 07:32 PM
maybe i was too forward with it...i guess i was looking for more folks to move in on this thread.
Sorry if i was too jumpy....

it's been a while since i was here and i don't have a pulse of these threads. I was here (way back) before this new format was in place and we had some great threads. Guess i date back to 2002.