Rock of Love and other Reality TV stuff. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rock of Love and other Reality TV stuff.

ForeverAutumn
08-28-2008, 05:29 AM
So did anyone else here watch this Bret Micheals The Bachelor rip-off?

As the sucker that I am for reality TV, I got hooked into this show and watched most of the episodes. Anyone care to discuss it?

C'mon GMicheal...I'm sure that your lovely wife was hooked and made you watch.

And, yes Rich, we all know...it's scripted. That doesn't make it any less entertaining.

How about Big Brother? Are there any BB fans out there that have been watching this summer? Looking forward to the big double-elimination show tonight?

And my all-time favourite...Survivor...is starting again on Sept. 18. C'mon folks, who doesn't like watching hot bods getting all dirty and sticky in the African jungle?

Rich-n-Texas
08-28-2008, 06:04 AM
So did anyone else here watch this Bret Micheals The Bachelor rip-off?

As the sucker that I am for reality TV, I got hooked into this show and watched most of the episodes. Anyone care to discuss it?

C'mon GMicheal...I'm sure that your lovely wife was hooked and made you watch.

And, yes Rich, we all know...it's scripted. That doesn't make it any less entertaining.
I've already posted my feelings about this one. Brett Michaels should just fade into darkness like so many other down-on-their-luck, cocaine aged scrubs from the 80's. I don't know who's the bigger loser, him or the dates. :rolleyes:

How about Big Brother? Are there any BB fans out there that have been watching this summer? Looking forward to the big double-elimination show tonight?

And my all-time favourite...Survivor...is starting again on Sept. 18. C'mon folks, who doesn't like watching hot bods getting all dirty and sticky in the African jungle?
Nope, my favorite "Reality show" these days is Wipeout! I LOVE watching people who have no business being on an obstacle course bouncing off the "big balls" and into the muddy water below. Now that's funny!

GMichael
08-28-2008, 06:38 AM
The wife is now hooked on Judge Judy and Ghost Hunters. The bedroom DVD is maxed out on those two. But she does still watch BB. We even picked up Showtime so she could get the after hours show. I hate that guy Dan. It's so typical that such a sleazy backstabber hides behind religion. He may end up winning it all though. Seems that being a sleazy backstabber is what gets you to the end in this show. By the end of each season I usually end up hating most all of them. I always end up pissed off when I watch this show.

ForeverAutumn
08-28-2008, 07:07 AM
The wife is now hooked on Judge Judy and Ghost Hunters. The bedroom DVD is maxed out on those two. But she does still watch BB. We even picked up Showtime so she could get the after hours show. I hate that guy Dan. It's so typical that such a sleazy backstabber hides behind religion. He may end up winning it all though. Seems that being a sleazy backstabber is what gets you to the end in this show. By the end of each season I usually end up hating most all of them. I always end up pissed off when I watch this show.

That's what makes this show fun...the people that you love to hate. I actually think that Dan has played a very smart game and I'd like to see him win. He's been playing a very risky game and it's been fun to watch. Everyone else in the house just puts me to sleep...booooooring.

I probably shouldn't tell you this, but I have a bit of a girl crush on Keesha. ;)

GMichael
08-28-2008, 07:22 AM
That's what makes this show fun...the people that you love to hate. I actually think that Dan has played a very smart game and I'd like to see him win. He's been playing a very risky game and it's been fun to watch. Everyone else in the house just puts me to sleep...booooooring.

I probably shouldn't tell you this, but I have a bit of a girl crush on Keesha. ;)

Dan is the only one truly using a strategy. In that sense, maybe he deserves to win. But he is still a major slime ball. Depending on who wins the next HOH, he could be out this week in the double.
Keesha is very hot. Can't blame you for having a girl crush on her. My wife HATES her to death though. I can see that too. She does play with her emotions instead of her head. She turned on Angie for no apparent reason, saying that she was after her. But I saw no reason for Keesha to think that. Then after she got the house to vote Angie out (even though everyone else wanted Jeese out) she turned on April saying why should she vote out who April wanted out and got everyone to vote Jeese out instead of April's pick. It's like her brain doesn't connect the pieces together. I kind of liked Angie too. She was hot and didn't talk much. The perfect woman! (joke, JOKE!) Didn't really get a chance to know her.
There hasn't really been any kind of twist this season. Something must be brewing.

Rich-n-Texas
08-28-2008, 07:46 AM
If you two dingalings start talking about "Lost", I'm outta here! :incazzato:

ForeverAutumn
08-28-2008, 08:04 AM
If you two dingalings start talking about "Lost", I'm outta here! :incazzato:

If only it were that easy.

I'm kidding Rich!

GM, the person that I really think is stupid and deserves the boot is Michelle. April promised Michelle that Jesse would be safe. But when April puts Jesse up on the block and he's voted out, she blames the people who voted for him instead of blaming April for putting him in that position in the first place. Then Michelle becomes all buddy-buddy with April. She put the blame on the wrong people IMO and tonight it'll cost her the game.

GMichael
08-28-2008, 08:27 AM
If only it were that easy.

I'm kidding Rich!

GM, the person that I really think is stupid and deserves the boot is Michelle. April promised Michelle that Jesse would be safe. But when April puts Jesse up on the block and he's voted out, she blames the people who voted for him instead of blaming April for putting him in that position in the first place. Then Michelle becomes all buddy-buddy with April. She put the blame on the wrong people IMO and tonight it'll cost her the game.

I do agree that Michelle is an idiot and will most likely be the one going home next. But I'm not so sure that she was wrong about who to blame. Up until that point, most everyone was voting the way the HOH requested despite their own feelings. This was the first time the house flipped on the HOH and it was all Keesha and her partner (I forget her name right now) who got Jeese outed. Michelle should have played it cool though. Every time someone has come out with the, I'm gonna get eveyone for voting so-n-so off, they end up gone in a week or two.
Aprill put him up because everyone else (including Keesha) were her allies at the time.

ForeverAutumn
08-28-2008, 09:12 AM
I do agree that Michelle is an idiot and will most likely be the one going home next. But I'm not so sure that she was wrong about who to blame. Up until that point, most everyone was voting the way the HOH requested despite their own feelings. This was the first time the house flipped on the HOH and it was all Keesha and her partner (I forget her name right now) who got Jeese outed. Michelle should have played it cool though. Every time someone has come out with the, I'm gonna get eveyone for voting so-n-so off, they end up gone in a week or two.
Aprill put him up because everyone else (including Keesha) were her allies at the time.

April could have put up Jerry, Renny or Memphis and no-one would have cared. But she specifically told Michelle that Jesse would be safe, so why take that risk? I would have held April responsible. Like Memphis pointed out this week when Dan put him up and promised that he'd be safe...the HOH can make all the promises that they want, but they don't even get to vote.

GMichael
08-28-2008, 10:25 AM
April could have put up Jerry, Renny or Memphis and no-one would have cared. But she specifically told Michelle that Jesse would be safe, so why take that risk? I would have held April responsible. Like Memphis pointed out this week when Dan put him up and promised that he'd be safe...the HOH can make all the promises that they want, but they don't even get to vote.

Keesha didn't want April to put any of them up. April gave in and the Keesha stabbed her in the front. (At least she wasn't sneeky about it)

Still, If I was Michelle, I'd have been mad at Keesha more than April. Not that April was innocent either.

Rich-n-Texas
08-28-2008, 10:53 AM
If you were Michelle I'd tell you to come over here and hunker down on Bobo.

GMichael
08-28-2008, 11:31 AM
If you were Michelle I'd tell you to come over here and hunker down on Bobo.

She looks a little like she's been chasing parked cars.
AND CATCHING THEM!

Rich-n-Texas
08-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Okay, you should be Keesha then.

GMichael
08-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Okay, you should be Keesha then.

If I was Keesha I'd never leave the house. Strike that. I'd make mega bucks from Playboy ect first. And THEN I'd never leave home.:arf:

3-LockBox
08-28-2008, 03:58 PM
I only watch the truely bad ones...actually, I'm gonna blame that on my wife. I'm tuned into History Channel or Discovery...well, I have become a Law & Order junky of late, and its on two networks!

But when i say truely bad, I mean shows like Rock Of Love, Flavor Of Love, etc, etc. Most of these shows are on their second and third seasons, and the hopeless romantic contestants just bleed their hearts out for these freaks, and I'm sitting there thinking, "uhhh, it is the thrid season you know...you know yer history after this wraps don't you.." but I mean, c'mon, who doesn't like to watch a good car wreck. Next is another one of those dating shows that is soooo blatantly scripted, and badly at that, there is no attempt to make the proceedings seem real what-so-ever. It's "terrible acting as art". And of course, there's Girls Next Door, that for some reason, my wife will watch it whenever its on, and it's the most brainless TV show ever, and that is saying a lot.

But I've never watched a full episode of Survivor, Big Brother, or any of the other big network "reality" shows. And don't care too.

And since someone mentioned Lost, I've never seen a full episode. I've read lots about it and have heard about all the plot twists ad nauseum, but to me, it sounds like an Irwin Allen TV show on acid. I wouldn't be surprised if they were to find out they were actually stranded in a land...of The Giants! or maybe they'd run into aliens, that wore helmets and capes and had magic powers...ok, I'll stop.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c7/Landofgiants.gif/200px-Landofgiants.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Landofgiants.gif)

Rich-n-Texas
08-28-2008, 07:13 PM
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=27079

We'll talk more later...

3-LockBox
08-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Yeah, looks like I killed that thread too :lol:

GMichael
08-29-2008, 05:30 AM
Land of the Giants?! Now you're talking 'bout some fun TV. Does Time Tunnel come on after that?

Well,

Michelle went as expected. Once Keesha won the next HOH I knew Olli would go too. He was way too honest and trusting to have a chance on this show. At least he's back with April now.
I know who won the next HOH even though it doesn't air till Sunday. Let's just say that the house it not very happy about who won. They all believe that they are this week's target.

ForeverAutumn
08-29-2008, 05:45 AM
Land of the Giants?! Now you're talking 'bout some fun TV. Does Time Tunnel come on after that?

Well,

Michelle went as expected. Once Keesha won the next HOH I knew Olli would go too. He was way too honest and trusting to have a chance on this show. At least he's back with April now.
I know who won the next HOH even though it doesn't air till Sunday. Let's just say that the house it not very happy about who won. They all believe that they are this week's target.

I try to avoid the spoilers for this show. It takes the fun out of it for me. With only five people left, they are all targets. But based on your comments I'd guess Jerry or Renny. Most likely Jerry. But DON'T TELL ME!

ForeverAutumn
08-29-2008, 05:53 AM
And since someone mentioned Lost, I've never seen a full episode.

Lost definately has the potential to be cheesy, yet it's so well written that it never quite hits that mark. Although it's gotten precariously close on occasion.

I know several people who have avoided this show for the same reason as you. My husband is one of them. But, honestly, it's probably the most intelligently written show thats ever been on TV. It is, for the most part, completely unpredictable and shocking.

On the surface it appears to be full of mysticism and monsters and cheese. But deep down it's about war and spies and espionage and secrets.

One thing is for sure. It's not about a plane crash.

That's it. I'm done defending it.

GMichael
08-29-2008, 06:03 AM
I try to avoid the spoilers for this show. It takes the fun out of it for me. With only five people left, they are all targets. But based on your comments I'd guess Jerry or Renny. Most likely Jerry. But DON'T TELL ME!

They never come out and say who won during the after hours show. I assume they are told not to. But it only takes a few minutes of watching to figure out who won, just by what they are saying.
I won't say anymore.

3-LockBox
08-29-2008, 03:44 PM
I love Battlestar Gallactica (the new one).