Only 13? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Only 13?

Rich-n-Texas
08-26-2008, 12:08 PM
At this moment there are only 13 people logged onto the site. It seems like just a couple of weeks ago there were nearly 10,000 members. :yikes: :biggrin5:

(Must be some big blowhard here with really bad breath. :rolleyes: )

GMichael
08-26-2008, 12:20 PM
CLEAR!

L.J.
08-26-2008, 12:29 PM
At this moment there are only 13 people logged onto the site. It seems like just a couple of weeks ago there were nearly 10,000 members. :yikes: :biggrin5:

(Must be some big blowhard here with really bad breath. :rolleyes: )

Your lucky to get over 50 - 60 members at one time. Where have you been?

Rich-n-Texas
08-26-2008, 04:25 PM
This thread is dedicated to the admin and mods here, who.......... Uhhhh....... better not. :ihih:

Irregardless, I stand behind my blowhard theory. :yesnod:

JohnMichael
08-26-2008, 04:55 PM
This thread is dedicated to the admin and mods here, who.......... Uhhhh....... better not. :ihih:

Irregardless, I stand behind my blowhard theory. :yesnod:

Regardless of the word usage irregardless is defined as a substandard or humororous redundacncy for regardless. Keep campaigning.

Rich-n-Texas
08-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Speaking of campaigning, how many people here watched the Democratic National Convention last night?

Regardless of the word usage irregardless is defined as a substandard or humororous redundacncy for regardless.
Yeah, and it gets this same type of reaction at work, which is why I like to throw it out there once-in-a-while. :smilewinkgrin:

JohnMichael
08-26-2008, 08:24 PM
Speaking of campaigning, how many people here watched the Democratic National Convention last night?

Yeah, and it gets this same type of reaction at work, which is why I like to throw it out there once-in-a-while. :smilewinkgrin:

Yes I had to watch Hillary's speech.

I am glad you like to keep the linguists on their toes.

GTF
09-15-2008, 05:36 PM
This is the first time I have been here in months.
I have a high speed cable service and this site was so slow that I could click on a thread and go off and read a few other threads at other sites before this beyond slow site would load up the post.
You could watch this site being routed or connected to so many other sites for I assume were ads that I stopped coming here.

Tonight for some reason I haven't figured out yet, I decided just how much slower it might of become.
Surprise!
It seems to be running well.
Too bad they chased away their user base.
I'm sure many others gave this place, this super slow place, the boot.

Now if only we could get Mtrycraft back.

bobsticks
09-15-2008, 05:41 PM
I haven't switched over to Firefox, and I doubt I will on this particular machine, but I find everything works pretty smoothly on IE if I use the High Security setting. Sometimes it's a pain if I want to attach a hotlink or smiley...or listen to one of those horrible flash players that I keep putting in threads...but overall it's okay.

I'm sure you're right though, many didn't stay to experiment.

Auricauricle
09-16-2008, 05:58 AM
I am glad you like to keep the linguists on their toes.

Cunning linguists!

bobsticks
09-16-2008, 02:09 PM
very doubtful

Rich-n-Texas
09-17-2008, 11:26 AM
I'd have to say traffic here has hit an all time low. For about an hour yestersday I noticed no post whatsoever in any topic forum. I've also noticed some dreadfully slow page load times for about 3 - 4 days now.

C'mon engineers, what's the dealio?

L.J.
09-17-2008, 01:09 PM
I'd have to say traffic here has hit an all time low.

I gotta agree with that. This week has been pretty dead!!!!

Perhaps a new member or "newbie" forum will be up soon to entice lurkers to join in. I try to start threads and answer questions, but you can only do the "what's the best ?????" so many times.

I love hanging around this place for the people that stick around but I don't know what's gonna happen if any more major contributors disappear :nonod:

bobsticks
09-17-2008, 02:43 PM
Don't we go through this every summer?

..and is GM on vacation or something. He usually entertains y'all during the course of a given day...eh?

CEDIA just happened so we'll see what happens when some of the product filters into stores. Maybe that'll spur some chatter although my own attempt at such seemed to fall upon blind eyes and palsied fingers. But, really, gear-wise it's not a very exciting time in audio. There's no be all-end all gear coming out and unless your on the bi-yearly upgrade path there's no must-haves.

Really same thing with media too. Can anyone name any earth-shattering releases in either audio or video? I just spent an hour in a record store and, out of 16 discs, only three were from 2008. Kinda lame.

I think that's why the Off Topic forums are hotter right now. There's not alot cool to talk about. Frankly, I'm more interested in hearing about HyFi's trip to London or making sure JSE is alive or hearing about Autumn's house or reading about Swish getting drunk than anything "new and hot" in audio right now.

blackraven
09-17-2008, 04:20 PM
I find that FireFox really helps with load times on this site. I use it almost exclusively when im here.

Rich-n-Texas
09-18-2008, 07:04 AM
Looks like, at least today, the hangup is at //pagead2.googlesyndication.com.

Auricauricle
09-18-2008, 09:04 AM
Certainly, the latest jolt in the Stock Market gives some folks pause....

Rich-n-Texas
09-19-2008, 12:18 PM
And another jolt today too!