PDA

View Full Version : How To Hook Up Your Home Theater

jvc
08-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Very funny! Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6bPLAYLuwE

Worf101
08-17-2008, 07:50 AM
If it weren't so true (and sad) it'd be funnier. As it was this was hilarious, best Olympic break I've had all week.

Thanks mucho friend.

Da Worfster

Jack in Wilmington
08-17-2008, 02:36 PM
Hil-Freakin-larious. Even the wifey liked it. Probably cause she can identify with it.

L.J.
08-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Now that was funny. Anybody know where it came from? I would love to put this on before the main movie when I have guest over.

Edit: Never mind I found it. $1.99 at the itunes store.

GMichael
08-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Loved it. Sent it to our IT guy. He's just putting his system together.

jvc
08-18-2008, 02:41 PM
I originally saw it at the theater. I think it's when we saw National Treasure 2.
I was cracking up, and my wife was poking me in the ribs, with her elbow, saying "that's you! They have you down good!" :)

Auricauricle
08-19-2008, 07:03 AM
Somebody tell me something that makes sense.

When I hook up the gear into the integrated amp (Yamaha DSP A2070), oftentimes, one channel of the DVD player is silent and the other live. Both channels are activated during play, but if I unplug one, the other falls dead quiet until the other is replugged. This is inconsistent, to boot. One channel goes through the histrionics while the other doesn't. The connections are properly configured, the balance is dead center. Sometimes if I move a cable aside, the dead channel will "wake up", but briefly. Listening is very enjoyable, but somehow when these reawakened interludes come about, the stereo opens and blooms wonderfully. Should I just rest assured that all is well or just nuke the whole shebang?

Worf101
08-19-2008, 10:36 AM
You've either a short in some cables or a bad speaker wire post somewhere in there.

Da Worfster

Auricauricle
08-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Thanks....I think my Audioquest CD cables have bitten the dust. There's a screw on the connectors if I can find an accomodating driver 'n' such....

Then again, these cables were given to me by my buddy John C. Calhoun. Might be a bit old...

Bummage!