Aaadd [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Aaadd

GMichael
08-15-2008, 06:54 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hooray! They have finally found a name for my condition. I have been diagnosed with AAADD. That's short for Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder. It goes something like this…
I decide to wash the car. As I start toward the garage I notice the mail on the table.
Ok, I'm going to wash the car, but first I'm going to go through the mail. I lay my car keys down on the table and start to discard the junk mail. Then I notice that the trash can is full.
Ok, I'll just put the bills on the table while I take the trash out, but since that takes me near the mailbox, I'll just pay these few bills on the way. Now where did I put my checkbook? Oh, there it is…oh ****, there's only one check left. The extra checks are in the desk. Let me move the Coke that I was drinking out of the way, or better yet, put it in the fridge to keep it cold.
As I head towards the kitchen, I notice that the flowers need watering, so I set the Coke on the counter and…HEY there are my glasses! I've been looking for them all morning! I'd better put them away.
Ok, wait. First I'll fill this pot with water and go water the flowers. Huh? What's the TV remote doing here in the kitchen? We'll never think to look in here for it. I'd better take it back to the living room.
I put the remote on the coffee table and head for the hallway as I try to figure out what I was going to do and why I have this pot of water in my hand.

At the end of the day, the car isn't washed, the bills are unpaid, there's a warm Coke on the counter, there's still only one check in my checkbook and I can't find my glasses or my car keys.
I'm baffled when I try to figure out why nothing got accomplished today because I remember being busy all day long!!!

Worf101
08-15-2008, 07:02 AM
Trust me you ain't the only one suffering from that malady.

Da Worfster

ForeverAutumn
08-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Wow, that must make you almost as old as this joke.

:ciappa:

GMichael
08-15-2008, 10:18 AM
That's gonna leave a mark.

kexodusc
08-15-2008, 10:22 AM
I'm still waiting for the medical term for "clumsy"....

GMichael
08-15-2008, 10:27 AM
I'm still waiting for the medical term for "clumsy"....
That's called the Gerald Ford Syndrome.

basite
08-16-2008, 03:39 AM
oh,

I have ADD, the same, just not age related :D

in a lesser form though :D

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

jrhymeammo
08-16-2008, 04:09 AM
Hey GM, I think I know your bloodtype.

Your Bloodtype is "B", isnt it?

Auricauricle
08-18-2008, 05:35 AM
Join the club, GM!

Several years ago, I was getting a thorough thrashing in graduate school. I was finally approached by a faculty member who expressed "concern" that I might have a neurological problem and should be evaluated. Following her advice, I went to a local psych, who diagnosed me with ADD and started me on Ritalin. Since then, I take about 20-30mg Adderall.

I have to be careful with doing this. As you can probably tell from my ubiquitous and loquatious presence here, I tend to get a "little" carried away, sometimes. This can spill over into other spheres of influence as well.

A case in point, is the rewiring of my stereo, a project that I finally setled down to pursue the other day. Because the gear has been crammed into an armoir, the wires and leads are bunched up and in a messy pile that interference is often noted when listening to certain musical passages. Noting the congested sound, I fortified myself and jumped into the project. Before I knew it, I had a real mess on my hands, had not eaten in quite a few hours and was going absolutely beserk.

I would like to call it ADD, but like you, I consider other nomenclature to describe the episode: AADD. Audio Attention Deficit Disorder. Just as listening to a beautifully recorded piece of music can enthrall one into a total state of absorption and rapture, so too can the diddling about and fiddling to get everything to sound just right. Since I own a couple of eq's, the problem is compounded.

All the attendant side effects are there. Glasses of coke on the counter, projects left unfinished and a hopping mad wife who wonders why I was fifteen minutes late in picking her up after work (if you picked her up at all!)....

If you think you have a problem, see someone. It's a serious deal, and can ruin your life, if it gets outta hand.

That music...it'll kill ya!

GMichael
08-18-2008, 05:56 AM
What were we talking about again?

Auricauricle
08-18-2008, 06:13 AM
You're right....That was pistachio!

GMichael
08-18-2008, 06:32 AM
Oh yeah.:crazy:

You're right. Sealed subs do sound better than ported.

Auricauricle
08-18-2008, 07:03 AM
I never met a seal on the sound, but did share some port with a coupla walruses on the sub...

GMichael
08-18-2008, 07:07 AM
How cashew of you.

Auricauricle
08-18-2008, 07:18 AM
Gesundheit!

Hey, I was raised right!

Rich-n-Texas
08-18-2008, 08:38 AM
I'm confused now.

Auricauricle
08-18-2008, 08:46 AM
Mo toe!

Rich-n-Texas
08-18-2008, 08:52 AM
I almost bit on this thread until I saw this:

Wow, that must make you almost as old as this joke.
But I will say this: that joke was written with me in mind. :yesnod:

GMichael
08-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Joke?
This thread is a joke?
WTF! Who is the fool who started this joke of a thread?
What a jerk!

Auricauricle
08-18-2008, 10:05 AM
Okay. Sit a minute, grab a cold one and take a chill-pill....It's gonna be all right....

GMichael
08-18-2008, 10:13 AM
Can I have a beer with that?

Auricauricle
08-18-2008, 10:19 AM
The beer's the cold one. You must have mistook it for the hot one....

GMichael
08-18-2008, 10:39 AM
This me be an optical illusion. But if you look hard enough, you can just make out that there's a dog in that picture.

Auricauricle
08-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Pretty nice leash, eh?