Need Help with Strange Rotel RSX-1055 Problem [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Strange Rotel RSX-1055 Problem

RotelUser
08-13-2008, 05:46 PM
I have been using the Rotel RSX-1055 receiver without any problems for 7 years. All of a sudden, I could not turn the power on with the remote. I could turn it off but to turn it back on I had to do it manually.

This wasn't much of an inconvenience as I was able to just leave it on all the time. Then after a month or so, I couldn't control the volume either with the remote or manually. It didn't matter which input device I was using - it simply wouldn't adjust the volume.

That was odd, so I tried to power off and then back on. But once I turned it off, I could not get it back on. Nothing worked until I unplugged the power and plugged it back in. Suddenly, I was able to turn it on AND control the volume. But after 30 minutes, again the volume didn't work - manually or with the remote.

I then turned it off and again couldn't get it back on. Unplugging it no longer did the trick - it is now stuck and permanently off.

Any ideas what could have possibly happened? Any ideas where to turn for help?

Thanks

PDN
08-17-2008, 03:38 AM
I didn't see any Rotel service centers listed on their website but they do request that you contact them via "service@rotel.com". You will need no doubt need to have it repaired. Don't even try to question what's wrong. It needs to be fixed. These things do happen. Take it from a fellow Rotel owner.