Looking for Trustworthy Internet Dealer [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Trustworthy Internet Dealer

myun01
03-10-2004, 03:49 PM
I am on the verge of purchasing a Denon 3803 and leaning toward an internet dealer because of the price difference. I am trying to find a reputable internet dealer that I can trust to give me a 100% NEW item in a sealed box, with warrenty papers. I can purchase the receiver at Tweeters for $900, but I really dont wanna pay for taxes, nearly 10% here. Anyhow, I would appreciate any feedback from veterin online shoppers that have spent nearly $1000 on a single purchase. Thanks all for the replies....

Woochifer
03-10-2004, 04:05 PM
By trustworthy, do you mean authorized or unauthorized? A lot of Denon product out there being sold by unauthorized vendors, which may or may not be the same thing, but either way it will not carry the factory warranty. Check Denon's website for authorized e-tailers. Keep in mind that some mail order houses do charge sales tax if the distributor is locate in the same state as you. Since the 3803 is a closeout, you might want to check on whether you can negotiate Tweeter down to around $800 on that receiver.

cashlz
03-10-2004, 05:37 PM
Said it before, I'll say it again. www.crutchfield.com I know that they have the 3803 for $999.00 online but I also know that they have a price-match promise in their two retail stores. I am not sure if they have the same policy on-line but it might be worth investigating, especially if you wouldn't have to pay taxes. They also have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee on everything they sell, and are an authorized retailer of denon.

Bryan
03-11-2004, 05:40 AM
6ave.com and JandR.com are a couple other authorized Denon dealers.

Jim85IROC
03-16-2004, 07:11 AM
I've had great luck with www.soundpros.com. The guys will take the time necessary (through email or phone) to answer ALL of your questions, plus they are just as good after the sale. I bought an HK AVR-300 from them a while back because they had the best price I could find anywhere. That POS malfunctioned shortly after and I sent it into the local audio store (which I had just started working at) for repair. 4 months later HK finally sent me a new one (why couldn't they do that 4 days later???), and it was DOA right out of the box. I was fed up and called Soundpros back. They took the DOA receiver and shipped me a brand new Denon AVR-1801, and all I had to do was pay the difference in cost. They gave me the full purchase price of my HK toward the Denon.

I don't know if they're authorized or not, but with service like that, I really don't care.