Anyone else here use a Moleskine or other notebook? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else here use a Moleskine or other notebook?

audio_dude
08-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Ok, so I recently picked up one of these Moleskine notebooks that I read about all the time in places like the MakeBlog and other modding/hacking communities.

First thing I noticed about this thing is that there's some fine quality going on here. The cover is like an artificial leather type of material, but not the typical vinyl stuff, its very smooth and soft. The cover also seems very durable. Even though it's cardboard inside, it is extremely stiff. The pages are good quality, with a very faint cream color to them.

Well, enough about the notebooks...

Anyone else own one of these things? Even for the few days I've had it I find myself reaching for it to jott down things I'd normally just try to remember.

So, what do you use yours for? (or any other kind of notebook if you don't want to spend the ridiculous price for a moleskine)

ForeverAutumn
08-09-2008, 05:29 AM
I actually do have a moleskine notebook. It was a gift and it's a beautiful book. I haven't used it yet, but only because it seems like too nice of a book to use for mundane everyday stuff. It's the kind of thing that I feel like I should be writing poems or song lyrics in. Something more brilliant than my shopping list.

Auricauricle
08-09-2008, 08:05 AM
I have a moleskin journal that keep at bedside, just in case Inspiration strikes and I am compelled to jot down a dream, a thought or whatever. Since I have an attention-span problem (yeah, yeah, you knew....I know!), I carry a portable recorder (Olympus), to remember things. I just wish there was an attachable shocker for the risk to keep me from going off task (and spending hours on Audioreview).....

audio_dude
08-10-2008, 08:17 AM
I actually do have a moleskine notebook. It was a gift and it's a beautiful book. I haven't used it yet, but only because it seems like too nice of a book to use for mundane everyday stuff. It's the kind of thing that I feel like I should be writing poems or song lyrics in. Something more brilliant than my shopping list.

When I first got mine it was hard to write the first words down in it, but I've adjusted, now I'm finding myself reaching for it all the time.

Very useful to be able to write things down all the time.