Pioneer SX-9000 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer SX-9000

thekid
08-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Attached are pics of new piece I came across and was able to pick up on the cheap.
Not sure how to hook up the speakers with these T connections.

thekid
08-05-2008, 06:12 PM
One more pic of the front.........

budgetaudio76
08-09-2008, 11:22 PM
ive got a sx 1500td with those same connections. there is a place online you can order from. cant remember off the top of my head. maybe parts express. give them a visit.try audiokarma for info.

thekid
08-10-2008, 01:18 AM
Budget-

Thanks for the info. I did find several sites that say they sell them but when you go to the part it turns out to be a spade connector that you crimp on to the speaker wire. That will work though it makes me kind of nervous. There is another site I found that sells the original connectors or something very similat and they want $15 a pair. With shipping that is almost as much as I paid for the unit in the first place....... :)

I was going to give Rat Shack and a couple of other local places a shot and see what I can come up with before trying to order them. I am going on the road again this week so it will join the list of other audio projects waiting to get done....

budgetaudio76
08-10-2008, 11:37 AM
you might also wana try pioneer they might have them. ask them if they are familiar with what you are needing. i included a photo of how they look like.see if you can use these to show your seller for the item.

thekid
08-19-2008, 07:40 PM
Got it hooked up tonight and unit is a keeper. Tuner section probably still needs some help but the tape and CD player I hooked up to it sound very good. Unit produces some incredible low and tight bass. Very powerful.

Feanor
08-20-2008, 05:20 AM
Attached are pics of new piece I came across and was able to pick up on the cheap.
Not sure how to hook up the speakers with these T connections.

The SX-9000 is a great vintage from the early '70s. It was hugely powerful for that time interval. Check out the blurb at Classicaudio.com (http://www.classicaudio.com/value/pio/SX9000.html).

thekid
08-20-2008, 03:16 PM
The SX-9000 is a great vintage from the early '70s. It was hugely powerful for that time interval. Check out the blurb at Classicaudio.com (http://www.classicaudio.com/value/pio/SX9000.html).

Thanks F

It is a fun piece and has some unique buttons/controls and displays such as the Tone Color selector. Nice wood cabinet but I think I might spruce it up a bit with either a real good cleaning or sand/stain treatment.

kydog
09-21-2008, 01:24 AM
Just picked one up this week amd it's one nice receiver:13: There was a problem with the volume pot (scratchy and droping rt channel) I Deoxit the pot but the rt channel kept fading out. I followed the wires to the pre/amp switch and gave it a shot of deoxit,Moved the lever up and down a few times and it solved the problem ( dirty switch).:21:
The sound coming from this receiver is fantastic:23:

kydog
09-21-2008, 01:38 AM
Thanks F

It is a fun piece and has some unique buttons/controls and displays such as the Tone Color selector. Nice wood cabinet but I think I might spruce it up a bit with either a real good cleaning or sand/stain treatment.

I second that opinion:11: It sounds even better than it looks

thekid
09-21-2008, 02:22 AM
Kydog

Welcome to AR and welcome to the club of at least 2 people here who own this unit....
Looks like you did a great job cleaning yours up and I thank you for mentioning your solution to the scratchy volume problem since mine sort of has a similar problem.
Your lamps seem to be in better shape than mine so maybe I have some work to do there as well. I have been spending alot of time on the road and other than a speaker refoam project I really have not got to some of my DIY projects like rehabing my unit.

What speakers are you running on your unit?

kydog
09-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Kydog

Welcome to AR and welcome to the club of at least 2 people here who own this unit....
Looks like you did a great job cleaning yours up and I thank you for mentioning your solution to the scratchy volume problem since mine sort of has a similar problem.
Your lamps seem to be in better shape than mine so maybe I have some work to do there as well. I have been spending alot of time on the road and other than a speaker refoam project I really have not got to some of my DIY projects like rehabing my unit.

What speakers are you running on your unit?
Thanks for the welcome!! I have not decided on my speaker choice as of yet, Wanted to give it a good cleaning and work out the minor problems first. All lights work on mine, I believe that whoever owned it couldn't get the right channel to stay on, So they sold it:yesnod: I can tell that it was well kept otw, Because the lamps appear new and the inside was very clean.My speaker choice; New large Advents or Dynaco A 25's. I might try them on a pair of Pioneer CS R700 first.

thekid
09-22-2008, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the welcome!! I have not decided on my speaker choice as of yet, Wanted to give it a good cleaning and work out the minor problems first. All lights work on mine, I believe that whoever owned it couldn't get the right channel to stay on, So they sold it:yesnod: I can tell that it was well kept otw, Because the lamps appear new and the inside was very clean.My speaker choice; New large Advents or Dynaco A 25's. I might try them on a pair of Pioneer CS R700 first.

well as you can tell from my other posts I am partial to "East Coast" sound speakers so I think you can"t go wrong with the Advents or Dynaco's. Not familiar enough with the Pioneer's to comment. Good luck and let us know how it works out.