Jeff Tweedy was here! No kidding! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Tweedy was here! No kidding!

Swish
07-30-2008, 06:13 PM
I checked my mail today and was completely surprised to see a CD mailing pouch (you know the kind) with not one, not two, but three cdrs from the leader of Wilco. What a guy! The odd thing was that he shows his address is somewhere in Indiana, and I could have sworn he live in Chicago. Maybe it's just someone with the same name? After all, there is a Hall of Fame linebacker who has the exact same name as me, so it is quite possible.

Anyway, the new one from The Notwist, one from Gypsy Groove, and Obscurity Vol. 1 were all part of the package. I guess I need to return the favor.

Thanks Jeff!

Swish - half lit from pale ale tonight. You gotta love it.

bobsticks
07-30-2008, 06:26 PM
I thought you'd like that. Hey, this one even has a comp that you may like!

JohnMichael
07-30-2008, 08:27 PM
Wow the same thing happened to me. I love my mailbox. I open it up and so many great treasures spill out. Thank you, thank you Jeff wherever you are.:thumbsup:

Finch Platte
07-31-2008, 09:42 AM
Hey, cool!

I haven't checked my work mail in a few days, so after reading the posts, I was hoping to find some CDs in my box asswell.

And I was not disappointed- thanks, Jeff! I've been curious re: the Peter Gabriel, too. :thumbsup:

fp

Slosh
07-31-2008, 03:14 PM
Got me mine too but (yet again) it'll have to wait 'cause I just got an advance of this:

bobsticks
07-31-2008, 03:24 PM
So what's the shizzy on the new Ca-lex? Speak on this...

Slosh
07-31-2008, 04:58 PM
So what's the shizzy on the new Ca-lex? Speak on this...Actions speak louder than words. Check your PM :D

bobsticks
08-01-2008, 04:33 AM
Got me mine too but (yet again) it'll have to wait 'cause I just got an advance of this:

Wow.

After the seriously donkey nugget-lickin' release from MMJ I was starting to drift a bit but this brings me back. This is really fantastic Sloshy, gracias. Yer like a one-man Tex-Mex advance team.

Can't wait for the real deal.

Bernd
08-02-2008, 11:45 PM
....a delivery from Mr. Tweedy. Got home last night from a long week away working and found a very generous filled pouch. I shall enjoy the contents this fine morning.
Anna Netrebko is superb. Thanks for the pointer Jeff.:thumbsup:

bobsticks
08-03-2008, 06:13 AM
....a delivery from Mr. Tweedy. Got home last night from a long week away working and found a very generous filled pouch. I shall enjoy the contents this fine morning.
Anna Netrebko is superb. Thanks for the pointer Jeff.:thumbsup:

Sounds like Jeff has an "in" with the postal offices on both sides of the pond. When normal folks like myself dispatch something it seemingly takes a month or two to make the journey. Them Wilco boys got the juice.

Auricauricle
08-03-2008, 06:31 AM
Uncle Tupelo is just GREAT!

noddin0ff
08-05-2008, 09:24 AM
Ah...Jeff Tweedy just arrived. Thanks!

basite
08-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Jeff Tweedy has arrived here too :D

could have sworn I've seen that address before :D

thanks...

haven't got the time to listen to it, but I will do so tomorrow for sure...

Keep them spinning,
Bert.