You are doomed to be happy in wedlock. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : You are doomed to be happy in wedlock.

ForeverAutumn
07-30-2008, 08:20 AM
This was in my Hubby's fortune cookie.

He is doomed to be happy.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

My funniest cookie fortune ever said, "Beware of cookies bearing fortunes". :biggrin5: I didn't eat the cookie. :nonod:

GMichael
07-30-2008, 08:29 AM
Lucky guy.

All of my fortunes have been too generic to be worth anything.

"You will be attending a large party in the next year."
"Smiling is more fun than frowning."
"Happiness is a state of mind."

And my all time favorite.

"So you thought that was chicken huh?"

bobsticks
07-30-2008, 09:39 AM
This was in my Hubby's fortune cookie.

He is doomed to be happy.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Mebbe we should talk to him in a few years...snicker, snicker...

kexodusc
07-30-2008, 10:02 AM
I had one last week that said:
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions"

Scared the **** out of me.

bobsticks
07-30-2008, 10:15 AM
I had one last week that said:
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions"

Scared the **** out of me.

...or the less idiomatic "Hell is paved with good will"...

...as an example check out this gutbuster. I actually bookmarked this as a laughable example of the foibles of sacrosanct theoligical zeitgeist...

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=8025

Rich-n-Texas
07-30-2008, 10:17 AM
All y'all are going to the wrong Chinese food places. You have to go to the expensive ones 'cause their fortune cookies are always in your favor. :yesnod:

Rich-n-Texas
07-30-2008, 10:20 AM
...as an example check out this gutbuster. I actually bookmarked this as a laughable example of the foibles of sacrosanct theoligical zeitgeist...
I have NO IDEA what that means so I probably won't be able to appreciate the humor. :idea:

Auricauricle
07-30-2008, 10:27 AM
I once considered a career in architecture. I visited a local university to check out the program. I went to a Chinese restaurant shortly afterward. The cookie said: "You are the architect of your future" (Trudat!).

So I did the smartest thing I could think of.

I went to nursing school....

Fate...

bobsticks
07-30-2008, 10:42 AM
http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/my_morbidly_obese_wife_said_the

Just a general comment not aimed at our preciouis lil' Maple Leaf...

GMichael
07-30-2008, 10:57 AM
http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/my_morbidly_obese_wife_said_the

Just a general comment not aimed at our preciouis lil' Maple Leaf...

Wow!

If I were this guy's wife, I'd be plotting his untimely demise.:mad5:

ForeverAutumn
07-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Wow!

If I were this guy's wife, I'd be plotting his untimely demise.:mad5:

If I were that guy, I'd be plotting my own untimely demise.

GMichael
07-30-2008, 11:37 AM
If I were that guy, I'd be plotting my own untimely demise.

You mean, before she snips off his manhood and shoves it down his throat covered in hot sauce?

ForeverAutumn
07-30-2008, 11:50 AM
You mean, before she snips off his manhood and shoves it down his throat covered in hot sauce?

Are we reading the same article? Because it sounds more likely that she'd cover it in ketchup and eat it herself.

Ajani
07-30-2008, 11:54 AM
foibles of sacrosanct theoligical zeitgeist

Posts like this make me feel ignant....

Dun di f..kry! Translated from my native dialect: Stop the..ummm... foolishness!

Rich-n-Texas
07-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Didn't somebody say something about fortune cookies? Now somebody wants to cut somebody's d*ck off? Huh? Wha?

bobsticks
07-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Posts like this make me feel ignant....

Dun di f..kry! Translated from my native dialect: Stop the..ummm... foolishness!

And that's my fault as I forgot the definitive article...it should be "foibles of the sacrosanct theoligical zeitgeist"...but you knew that and recognised the sarcasm...not sure 'bout Rich tho

Sorry 'bout the confusion.

bobsticks
07-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Didn't somebody say something about fortune cookies? Now somebody wants to cut somebody's d*ck off? Huh? Wha?

Hi. Welcome to Audio Review.

Rich-n-Texas
07-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Gee, thanks sticks.

Auricauricle
07-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Holy Penal Code, Batman!!

bobsticks
07-30-2008, 12:40 PM
Gee, thanks sticks.

:thumbsup:

Woochifer
08-01-2008, 01:21 PM
I used to work in a Chinese restaurant and saw first hand what goes on in the kitchen! :eek: Those guys already had a sick sense of humor, which wasn't reflected in their typically bland fortune cookie messages. I can't imagine what kind of debauchery goes on in the backroom if they're serving up these kinds of perverse fortunes up front! :shocked:

Woochifer
08-01-2008, 01:22 PM

Happens to be best of us! :12:

Auricauricle
08-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Leggo my eggroll, man!

Rich-n-Texas
08-01-2008, 06:18 PM
I used to work in a Chinese restaurant and saw first hand what goes on in the kitchen! :eek: Those guys already had a sick sense of humor, which wasn't reflected in their typically bland fortune cookie messages. I can't imagine what kind of debauchery goes on in the backroom if they're serving up these kinds of perverse fortunes up front! :shocked:

:eek6: :eek6: :eek6: I think I need to reconsider my position in this matter.

bobsticks
08-03-2008, 05:57 PM
:eek6: :eek6: :eek6: I think I need to reconsider my position in this matter.

Missah Wich, would wike the usuaw...cweam of sum yun guy?

Woochifer
08-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Missah Wich, would wike the usuaw...cweam of sum yun guy?

Your trollin' for red pills is gettin' all too transparent! :nono: I'm gonna stuff another greenie down your throat just to spite yer sorry a**! :cool:

bobsticks
08-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Your trollin' for red pills is gettin' all too transparent! :nono: I'm gonna stuff another greenie down your throat just to spite yer sorry a**! :cool:

Dammit! It's always alterior motives with you. Why can't a guy come on here and make completely inappropriate and offensive remarks and just have it be 'cause he's a snivelling worm, devoid of any relevance, and worthy of no accolades---indeed, worthy of nothing but scorn and disdain. Why?!, tell me....!!!

You know what, do your worst. I got sommem for ju mayne...some chiki-chiki, wiki, wiki comin' atcha cock-a-raoch.

No troll

Auricauricle
08-04-2008, 08:32 AM
Yer comin' close to dat line, Ol' Man!

Woochifer
08-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Dammit! It's always alterior motives with you. Why can't a guy come on here and make completely inappropriate and offensive remarks and just have it be 'cause he's a snivelling worm, devoid of any relevance, and worthy of no accolades---indeed, worthy of nothing but scorn and disdain. Why?!, tell me....!!!

No reason, but that don't mean you ain't beggin' for red pills! :devil:

You know what, do your worst. I got sommem for ju mayne...some chiki-chiki, wiki, wiki comin' atcha cock-a-raoch.

First, you demonstrate your mastery of Chinglish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinglish), now it's onto Spanglish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanglish)! Your acuity with non-standard language is quite impressive! Now, go back and sit on your throne, Mr.#1ReputationMan! ;)

http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/Gan9a.jpg

Auricauricle
08-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Don't encourage 'im, Wooch! He'll just sit on 'is crown and grin, 'cause he like it that way!

bobsticks
08-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Don't encourage 'im, Wooch! He'll just sit on 'is crown and grin, 'cause he like it that way!

Not to get too techmological mang, but wouldn't I be sitting on a "throne"? Sitting on a crown sounds pointy and painful and hardly like something that would elicit grinning.

How ya like that set-up JM???

Auricauricle
08-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Ah, I mistook the look of sublime anguish with unfettered awe!

Where was my head that day...? (You comments, spoken and silent are being monitored, FYI....)