Bass Management for Analog Inputs [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bass Management for Analog Inputs

mrbrad
07-27-2008, 05:01 PM
I currently have a DVD player that plays DVD Audio disks and sends the output through the Analog outputs. I plan to upgrade to Blu Ray with support for DVD Audio and SACD. I will also be replacing my AV Receiver. The question I have is do most modern AV Receivers support Bass Management for the analog inputs? My current receiver doesn't, and as a result, I had to purchase a Outlaw Audio ICBM to support my DVD Audio disks. I have been looking at a couple of Onkyo receivers and sent a message to them via their web site, but I haven't received a response and their web site has been unavailable for a couple of days now.

Thanks. Brad.

L.J.
07-28-2008, 06:21 AM
I don't think your gonna find a BR player that supports what your looking for. Only BR player that I supports SACD, that I know of, is the 80g PS3. It doesn't have MC analog output either. HDMI only. I don't think any BR players support DVD-A.

mrbrad
07-28-2008, 03:43 PM
If I can't find a Blu-Ray player that supports DVD-Audio, then I will keep my current DVD player, so, the question is still pertinent. I have looked at system specs and user guides for various high end AV receivers ($1,000 range), and cannot find any information that will tell me if setting speaker size or cross-over frequencies will function for analog inputs. I have a "nice" Sherwood receiver that won't do this, but it is over 10 years old.

If anyone could help, I would very much appreciate it.

Brad.

frenchmon
07-28-2008, 05:44 PM
I currently have a DVD player that plays DVD Audio disks and sends the output through the Analog outputs. I plan to upgrade to Blu Ray with support for DVD Audio and SACD. I will also be replacing my AV Receiver. The question I have is do most modern AV Receivers support Bass Management for the analog inputs? My current receiver doesn't, and as a result, I had to purchase a Outlaw Audio ICBM to support my DVD Audio disks. I have been looking at a couple of Onkyo receivers and sent a message to them via their web site, but I haven't received a response and their web site has been unavailable for a couple of days now.

Thanks. Brad.

Every reciever I know of cuts off the bass management in the 7.1 analog inputs. No processing what soever. Processing is done by the source.

frenchmon

filecat13
08-02-2008, 09:34 AM
Both my Fosgate Audionics FAP T1 and FAP T1+ have analog bass management. Unfortunately, Rockford Fosgate is out of the pre/pro business, and these units are only available on the used market. They do not have HDMI and never will.

Nonetheless, I still use one in my multichannel, music only, surround system just because I can do bass management for SACD and DVD-A.

pixelthis
08-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Outlaw audio(outlaw audio.com) has something called an "icbm",
and no its not for taking out countries that get pissy, its a standalone device that will manage your base, and fix this problem that DVD audio was created with:1:

L.J.
08-04-2008, 06:19 AM
Outlaw audio(outlaw audio.com) has something called an "icbm",
and no its not for taking out countries that get pissy, its a standalone device that will manage your base, and fix this problem that DVD audio was created with:1:

Dude, go back and read the first post again :out:

Rich-n-Texas
08-04-2008, 06:23 AM
And try spelling Bass properly. :rolleyes: