Anyone else a Sandisk/Sansa user, help needed? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else a Sandisk/Sansa user, help needed?

Mr Peabody
07-26-2008, 08:09 AM
I got a 4gb Clip for Father's Day. I have all my songs in one large list. My question or problem is the unit runs out of battery before the list is completely listened to and when I recharge it and go back to listen the list is at the beginning again. Is there any way to save or bookmark where I left off so that after recharging I can return to the exact spot? This is a bit of a pain to go through the list until I get to the song I last heard. My Zen Stone done this automatically, when I charged it, it always started at the exact spot, even if it was in the middle of a song, that's where it picked up after recharge and starting again. The Clips are a pretty good deal though, they have a lot of features for the money and they sound good. This one includes an EQ although I haven't played with it much.

While I've got your attention do you know of any mp3 players with a HD tuner?

Thanks

Blue Meanie
08-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Have you tried posting your question at the official Sandisk forums? They have a different forum for each type of Sansa player.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/

I've had various issues with my Sansa e260 (4Gb), and have always received helpful information there.

Jeff

Mr Peabody
08-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the tip.

Ya got enough gear there :)

Blue Meanie
08-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the tip.

Ya got enough gear there :)

You're welcome! I have noticed the same issue with my e260. Every time I hook it to the sync cable, it loses it's place where I left off listening. Although I have it set to shuffle, so not really a big deal for me, and I've never looked for a cure for the problem. I've also noticed that the shuffle feature seems to repeat many songs, while apparently ignoring others.

Yes, I have plenty of crap (gear) here. None of it even remotely high-end, though (obviously). But I enjoy it all anyway. The Paradigms are pretty nice, for what they cost.

Jeff
P.S. It's only a partial list, lol...

Mr Peabody
08-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Ah, you answered another one of my questions. I was wondering if the shuffle would work better than the shuffle on the Creative. I had a Zen Stone and tried the shuffle, it was only about 5 songs in and it already played one of those again, so I forgot shuffle. The point of having a mp3 player, for me anyway, is to avoid repetitiveness.

Blue Meanie
08-01-2008, 08:06 PM
I should probably clarify my statement about my player repeating many songs when in shuffle mode:

Between the internal memory (4Gb), and the additional 2Gb microSD card I've popped in, I have a total of 867 songs. I have it playing for about 4 hours a day, five days a week, as background music in my work truck. The only times I recall hearing the same songs over is after I've plugged the player into the sync cable for charging, and the player forgets the spot it left off at. When I restart it after charging, I'll hear a few songs here and there that I've already heard last time. But during a typical 4 hour session, very few songs repeat themselves in the same listening session.

Jeff