Watershed question [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Watershed question

Mr Peabody
07-26-2008, 06:33 AM
Does anyone know what the difference is between the regular version of Watershed and the "enhanced" version? I also noticed this album is available on vinyl. One person in a review happened to mention that only one original member still exists in the band, I found that an interesting item. He also mentioned that according to the liner notes that Opeth used actual accompanying instruments and not just synthesized.

I noticed Opeth is due to come through my town, although I am new to them basically I'm thinking about trying to go.

ForeverAutumn
07-27-2008, 04:28 AM
From what I know, the enhanced version is two disks. I think that the second disk is a DVD with some "making of Watershed" footage and some live concert stuff. But I'm not sure exactly what's on it as I only have the single disk.

I've seen them live once and I would definitely take the opportunity to see them again. They don't put on much of a stage show (or at least didn't when I saw them), but the band is tight and sound very good live. Akerfeldt seems like a very humble guy and is a good frontman.

Mr Peabody
07-27-2008, 06:03 AM
Thanks, for a few dollars more that might be worth it. My first album by them was Damnation. I'm not much of a "Speed Metal" fan nor growlly vocals but Watershed looks to be very interesting and I'm going to pick up a copy. I got my feet wet with "Cookie Monster" vocals with bands like Tristania. Done in short durations or properly emphsizing a song I can deal with it. Who knows, after this album I might have to explore the earlier catalog.

I had to laugh but it was a bit embarrassing, I was at a record show earlier this month and looking through some CD's, the vendor was trying to help and pulling some Metal bands out I wasn't familiar with and I asked him if any of them had Cookie Monster vocals. The guy looked at me like I was crazy and asked, "what?" I asked him if he had ever seen Sesame Street. He said, "no". Now I'm wondering how anyone could go through life and not at least know what Sesame Street was but apparently he managed some how. He also mentioned he didn't have kids. But where do you go from there? I tried to think of some examples but I drew a blank after that exchange and I think we both decided to move on.

kexodusc
07-27-2008, 06:52 AM
I have the enhanced version, there's a few more tracks and some video content as FA mentioned, when I bought it, it was cheaper than the standard version for some reason.

Mr Peabody
07-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Enhanced for less money, that's a deal. Kex you didn't jump in on the Disturbed thread, do you have any? I started a thread talking about the new album which I thought was very good.

kexodusc
07-28-2008, 04:50 AM
Enhanced for less money, that's a deal. Kex you didn't jump in on the Disturbed thread, do you have any? I started a thread talking about the new album which I thought was very good.
Sorry, my posts have been sporadic the last few weeks - I'm living with relatives while my house is being built - and the last 3 weeks it seems I spend more time in airports than with my wife...I'll look it up...

Duds
07-28-2008, 08:55 AM
Blackwater Park, Deliverance, and Damnnation will all be available on vinyl on 9/2.

Mr Peabody
07-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Oooo, living with relatives, even if they are relatives you get along with you may not when this is over. It seems like nothing says disfunctional as when you put more than one family in a dwelling for any length of time.