Barbarians is incredible! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Barbarians is incredible!

Slosh
07-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Don't you just love when an album far exceeds your expectations? :)

What little talk I see of Richard Davies on the web is virtually always about Telegraph so I kinda assumed Barbarians just wasn't as good. Wrong! It's excellent throughout. It doesn't quite have that bluesy 'Stones/Young-esque jam feel to it that Telegraph has in certain songs. It is, however, more raucous and to-the-point and the song-writing and production values are certainly every bit as good.

Why artists/bands this special slip under the radar, for this long, even among indie fans, is beyond me. You would think after all this time word would get out. Well, I think this is something that deserves to find a wider audience so I'll do what little I can. Click here (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jixmtognjeb) for an evaluation copy (Lame V0 mp3). If you end up liking it, buy it! I need new RD albums to be made :D

Ex Lion Tamer
07-25-2008, 05:01 AM
Thanks for the heads up, I don't know why I haven't followed up on Telegraph which is just so f'ing good; still gets regular play for me even 6 or 7 years later - rare indeed. With your entusiastic endorsement, I'm going to bump Barbarians up to the top of my "to buy" list. (and thanks for the eval copy.)