New Toy = New Comp [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Toy = New Comp

nobody
03-10-2004, 05:10 AM
Picked up a component CD burner on Ebay for like $75, so now I can start getting into burning vinyl. I played around a bit last night and whipped up a quick comp, using mostly records I've picked up in the last couple years. Here's the tracklist...

M62 Song - The Doves
At The Edge Of The World - Telefon Tel Aviv
Sexual Revolution - Macy Gray
Love Of My Life - Erykah Badu
War Is Hell - DJ Shadow
How Low Can A Punk Get (dub) - Bad Brains
Whatever Happened To My Rock 'n' Roll? - BRMC
Broken Bones - White Stripes
Psycho *****es Outta Hell - Horrorpops
The Man Comes Around - Johnny Cash
Cold, Cold, Cold - Handsome Family
Just Be Simple - Songs: Ohia
The Struggle Against Unreality Begins - Matmos
How Does It Make You Feel? - Air
Headspace - Nobody
Always Remember To Respect Your Mother - Dusted
Finally We Are No One - Mum

It's nothing special, just what came to mind quickly, but if anyone wants a copy, email or PM me with your address (since I always loose whatever is sent to me). It may take me a while to get these out since I'm kinda tied up burning a bunch of stuff for a friend, but they'll get to ya eventually.

-Jar-
03-10-2004, 01:33 PM
Picked up a component CD burner on Ebay for like $75, so now I can start getting into burning vinyl. I played around a bit last night and whipped up a quick comp, using mostly records I've picked up in the last couple years. Here's the tracklist...

M62 Song - The Doves
At The Edge Of The World - Telefon Tel Aviv
Sexual Revolution - Macy Gray
Love Of My Life - Erykah Badu
War Is Hell - DJ Shadow
How Low Can A Punk Get (dub) - Bad Brains
Whatever Happened To My Rock 'n' Roll? - BRMC
Broken Bones - White Stripes
Psycho *****es Outta Hell - Horrorpops
The Man Comes Around - Johnny Cash
Cold, Cold, Cold - Handsome Family
Just Be Simple - Songs: Ohia
The Struggle Against Unreality Begins - Matmos
How Does It Make You Feel? - Air
Headspace - Nobody
Always Remember To Respect Your Mother - Dusted
Finally We Are No One - Mum

It's nothing special, just what came to mind quickly, but if anyone wants a copy, email or PM me with your address (since I always loose whatever is sent to me). It may take me a while to get these out since I'm kinda tied up burning a bunch of stuff for a friend, but they'll get to ya eventually.

yes sir, I'd like to have a copy if ya don't mind. I love listening to vinyl, even if it's a cd-r copy. Since I don't get much of a chance to listen to my table.. and when I do, there's a bad A/C buzz in my house.. your comp will work nicely. Looks like some fine toonage too. let me know if you need my addy.. it's the Parma one you want.

-jar

nobody
03-10-2004, 01:40 PM
Yeah, even with recorded to CDR, you can still get a bit of that vinyl feel. I see a whole lot more vinyl purchases and a whole lot less CDs with this thing. Having to burn the vinyl to a disc also gives me a good excuse to make sure I give everything a full listen as well.

I'll get ya a copy, but I lost most of my old emails, so I will need yer address if ya don't mind.

-Jar-
03-10-2004, 01:52 PM
Yeah, even with recorded to CDR, you can still get a bit of that vinyl feel. I see a whole lot more vinyl purchases and a whole lot less CDs with this thing. Having to burn the vinyl to a disc also gives me a good excuse to make sure I give everything a full listen as well.

I'll get ya a copy, but I lost most of my old emails, so I will need yer address if ya don't mind.

you might as well send me yours while you're at it, I have two and I always get them mixed up.. my email is dubman99(at)aol.com

-jar

jasn
03-31-2004, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the package this week. Vinyl-ly sounds great, with numerous good tunes and a nice, digitized/analog feel to it.

I got a real laugh form the Air cut How does it make you Feel?; first, because it is a cool tune, then it was the first track that I heard a few pops and clicks, and then the punchline made the whole thing gel.

Thanks again, I hope to repay the favor somehow soon...