Buzzing / Humming Sound from Klipsh Sub [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Buzzing / Humming Sound from Klipsh Sub

phadke2001
03-09-2004, 07:13 PM
Hi Guys,

My KSW200 Subwoofer is giving out a buzzing sound as soon as I power it up. This buzzing sound continues even when it is not connected to the amp so I know that it has nothing to do with the receiver. I tried disconnecting the earth wire on the plug and making it a 2 pin connection instead of a 3 pin one but that is not helping. Any other suggestions?

phadke2001

F1
03-09-2004, 09:20 PM
Hi Guys,
My KSW200 Subwoofer is giving out a buzzing sound as soon as I power it up. This buzzing sound continues even when it is not connected to the amp so I know that it has nothing to do with the receiver. I tried disconnecting the earth wire on the plug and making it a 2 pin connection instead of a 3 pin one but that is not helping. Any other suggestions?
phadke2001

Use 3 pin to 2 pin cheater plug instead. If the problem persists, use another electical outlet.

phadke2001
03-14-2004, 02:29 AM
Hi F1,

I did that and it has not helped. Instead I think that has blown off my LED so there is no visual indication if the sub is working or not. The only way I get to know it is working is from the Buzzing sound. I am feeling so pissed about this :mad:

I will try powering it using a mains socket in the wall. (I have been using a multiplug point right now). Any other suggestions?

Phadke2001

F1
03-14-2004, 05:43 AM
Sorry about what happened. Normally the cheater adapter works to solve humming problem with the subwoofer. Now I have no other idea. You may contact Klipsch for help. Good Luck.