My book NIGHT VISION is shipping! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My book NIGHT VISION is shipping!

Troy
07-13-2008, 03:49 PM
I virtually never post in the main forum here, spending my time in Rave Recs, but I wanted to mention this to as many people here as possible.

My new night photography book Night Vision is shipping!

It's a mass-market project and will be in stock at hundreds of brick and mortar Barnes & Noble and Borders stores all over the US this week.

Visit my site (http://www.lostamerica.com/book.html) to click thru to buy discount copies at amazon.com, or signed copies directly from me.

Published and distributed by Chronicle Books, the 10x9 softcover book is 144 pages long, containing 115 excellent reproductions of my light-painted night images shot in abandoned locations all over the American west. Rounding out the project are essays on the derelict Byron Hot Springs Hotel, the abandoned desert roadside, decommissioned military installations, the abandoned Southern Pacific Train Station in Downtown Oakland, CA, Aviation Warehouse, an aircraft boneyard in the high desert of Southern California, and a longer piece on the history and philosophical mind-set of UE, and the strange attraction of creeping through abandoned military-industrial complexes in the middle of the night.

Architecture critic and futurist Geoff Manaugh of BLDGBLOG composed a thought provoking and flattering forward. It's an elegantly laid out and beautifully printed piece, a tremendous leap in quality from my first book. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks for the support of all my pals here at AR.

bobsticks
07-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Kewl. I'm all over it.

Thanks for the heads up or I woulda missed it completely. Gotta B&N right next to a Dick's Sporting Goods that I gotta go to this week anyway. Do ya think they'll be there by Tuesday?

Troy
07-13-2008, 04:55 PM
Thanks. If I was you, I'd order it from amazon.com because it's cheaper and you are guaranteed of getting it.

Rich-n-Texas
07-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Who's this shill?

bobsticks
07-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Who's this shill?

That's Joe...

Rich-n-Texas
07-14-2008, 06:01 PM
I guess I should order the book after that wisecrack huh? :biggrin5:

Truthfully people, I've seen samples of his photography that he's posted links to in the RR forum, and it's really some interesting and abstract work. Definately worth checking out.

JohnMichael
07-14-2008, 06:02 PM
I just ordered my copy.

bobsticks
07-14-2008, 06:44 PM
I guess I should order the book after that wisecrack huh? :biggrin5:

Truthfully people, I've seen samples of his photography that he's posted links to in the RR forum, and it's really some interesting and abstract work. Definately worth checking out.

Yeah, you better get conciliatory there Jabberwocky. Real quick...jah felt me rollin' like thunder on the tracks b-ya.

Rich-n-Texas
07-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Yeah, you better get conciliatory there Jabberwocky. Real quick...jah felt me rollin' like thunder on the tracks b-ya.
:eek6:
...and don't call me Shirley.

basite
07-15-2008, 07:00 AM
wow, I looked at your site alot, but I didn't even know you were the owner!!

Let me just say that I admire your photo's, real works of art.

maybe the book will follow, but I have some empty wall space here, and it's my birthday soon...
I could ask my parenst :ihih:

maybe you'll hear from me :)

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

GMichael
07-15-2008, 07:04 AM
Congrats Troy. Good luck with the sales. I've seen a few of your pics. Great work. I'm going to poke my head into your site now to check it out.

Auricauricle
07-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Beautiful work, Troy! Enjoyed the oeuvre very much and will get the book as soon as things even out around here....

I have a friend who runs a studio around the corner. He has been an avid photographer ever since he was a boy and has accumulated a number of snaps, many of them quite nice, that he has blown up to enormous dimensions. His signature piece is digital shot of a dandelion puffball. From him and his associates, I have learned that photography of the sort you (and he) produce is extremely hard and painstaking work. So, kudos to you and good luck!

In case you're curious: www.imagingarts.com

-Aa

JohnMichael
07-17-2008, 05:42 PM
My book arrived today but it was delivered to the rental office so I will see it tomorrow or Saturday depending on work. I am excited.

JohnMichael
07-19-2008, 05:32 PM
Troy I am enjoying Night Vision. I have so many favorites right away. "Hot Spots" and "Cindy and Jeff" are two early favorites. I enjoy your vision and your images. Great work.

Troy
07-21-2008, 07:05 AM
Thanks you guys!

Update 7/21:
My publisher, Chronicle Books is hosting a Release Party for Night Vision on August 1st at the 111 Minna Gallery in San Francisco. 7-9 PM.

I'll be there signing books, selling prints and doing a slide show.

If you're in the Bay Area that weekend I hope you can make it!

Rich-n-Texas
07-21-2008, 07:16 AM
Fly me out there dude! I'll buy a book! :yesnod: