Perfume... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Perfume...

Worf101
07-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Interesting movie. Well filmed beautifully shot and acted superbly. The story.. shocking to say the least the last 20 minutes of this one have to be seen to be believed. I vaguely recall that many womens groups went ballistic to the extreme over the subject matter of this film. A boy with pretetnatural olfactary talents who seeks to "preserve" the aural essence of women.... by drastic means (ie death) is not your everyday story. I enjoyed the film but don't know if I can recommend it due to the subject matter. I'm in a quandry, anyone care to chime in? This is right up there with "good" Nazis and Rosemary suckling satan's son. Not an easy call to make.

Da Worfster

Kam
07-13-2008, 04:55 PM
it's on my rental list actually! will report back soon!

Auricauricle
07-14-2008, 06:06 AM
Worf: This, by far, is among the top of my list of best movies I have seen this year...I am not a movie watcher who generally sees the latest attraction, and when I saw that the film was released, I was more than excited to see it.

The book, by Peter Susskind, is an extraordinary read. Susskind's prose and verbal flair is such that the readrer becomes fully immersed in Grenouille's little olfactory universe. Starting with his infancy, it becomes apparent that the lad will grow into his fate early on. If you find the book, mine is an Alfred Knopf edition that came out in 1986, get it. If you think that the world lacks great writers and long for the days of Balzac, Dostoyevsky and Greene, look no further....

Get The Butterfly and the Bell Jar, next....