Has anyone heard the new Coldplay disk? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard the new Coldplay disk?

ForeverAutumn
07-04-2008, 06:16 AM
I'm wondering how it is. Can anyone comment?

Ex Lion Tamer
07-04-2008, 01:27 PM
You might want to look here: http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/music/rock/messages/8/83865.html

Van Occupanther
07-04-2008, 02:31 PM
To me, it sounds like they have begin to recycle ideas since XY. I am also never been a fan of this guys voice. Lovers In Japan is a ok song, but when this band is not mimicking Radiohead, they mimick U2, like on this song.

But maybe I should not comment because I never been a fan of Coldplay. I think there name is perfect for there kind of music.

DarrenH
07-04-2008, 02:33 PM
I heard one tune and liked it. I'm not familiar with Coldplay's music so this album might be my jumping in point.

Cheers

ForeverAutumn
08-06-2008, 09:12 AM
I've been spinning this disk for a couple of weeks now and I have to say that I think that it's their best disk yet. Lots of hooks and catchy tunes. Far more upbeat than A Rush of Blood to the Head. In fact, there are several songs on here that if I had just heard them out of context and was asked to guess who the band was, I wouldn't have guessed Coldplay.

This is a very good disk that takes their sound in a slightly new, more upbeat, direction. Commercial as it is, this could end up on my best of 2008 list.

Hyfi
08-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Not a Coldplay fan but what I have read on other boards is that the recording quality and sound is crap.

ForeverAutumn
08-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Not a Coldplay fan but what I have read on other boards is that the recording quality and sound is crap.

I don't expect otherwise from radio friendly bands like this. Having said that, I've heard a lot worse.

bobsticks
08-06-2008, 06:29 PM
I don't expect otherwise from radio friendly bands like this. Having said that, I've heard a lot worse.

I don't doubt that. I actually don't mind the music, per se. There's just something about Chris Martin's voice that makes me wanna shave my tongue...I just see him becoming the next rock 'n' roll preachy-guy a la Michael Stipe or Bono.

OTOH, the words from Autumn indicate that mebbe this version is a different CP so perhaps I'll have to find a way to sample it.