chord cobra 3 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : chord cobra 3

stephennic
07-03-2008, 12:56 AM
Hi,

Is the chord cobra 3 a good sounding interconnect? How does it compare with kimber pbj?

I want an open top end, solid bass and natural mids, and good soundstaging.

Regards,

steve

RoadRunner6
07-06-2008, 11:03 PM
"I want an open top end, solid bass and natural mids, and good soundstaging"

All characteristics of a good speaker. Interconnects do not exhibit these. They do exhibit high profits for the dealer, though. Buy quality constructed interconnects. That's all you need. Do a blind test with a friend and you'll find this is true.

RR6 :D

musicoverall
07-08-2008, 04:10 AM
Hi,

Is the chord cobra 3 a good sounding interconnect? How does it compare with kimber pbj?

I want an open top end, solid bass and natural mids, and good soundstaging.

Regards,

steve

Good luck with that! Cables, like most audio gear, can only give you varying degrees of imperfections.

That said, did you audition or do you own the Kimber PBJ? What did you find wrong with it? I've found it to be quite good.

musicoverall
07-08-2008, 04:17 AM
"I want an open top end, solid bass and natural mids, and good soundstaging"

All characteristics of a good speaker. Interconnects do not exhibit these. They do exhibit high profits for the dealer, though. Buy quality constructed interconnects. That's all you need. Do a blind test with a friend and you'll find this is true.

RR6 :D

My blind tests showed me just the opposite.

Then again, I don't "need" higher quality and better sounding interconnects anymore than I "need" to find a rich woman, so you may be right! :)

RoadRunner6
07-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Hey Musicoverall,

Maybe if you'd take that blindfold off from the blind listening test, you would have better luck finding that rich woman.

RR6 :biggrin5:

musicoverall
07-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Hey Musicoverall,

Maybe if you'd take that blindfold off from the blind listening test, you would have better luck finding that rich woman.

RR6 :biggrin5:

Musicoverall: I'd like to find a rich woman, even if she were ugly.

Friend: I can see you with an ugly woman but a rich woman can do better than YOU!

:)