Unsigned "prog" band, Fictional Me [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Unsigned "prog" band, Fictional Me

Finch Platte
06-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Check 'em out (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=313903450)- some folks in here may like them.

Heard it on Live365.com.

fp

Fictional Me was formed in the late autumn of 2007 by four students
at Orebro University in Sweden. With influences ranging from everything
between soft ambient pop to death metal Fictional Me has become a kind
of a musical hybrid with the goal to engage and amaze. The lyrics are
inspired by life and touches matters such as love, sorrow and sometimes
even socially taboo subjects.

Plenty of potential!

Troy
06-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Wow, these guys sound just like RWPL! I wish more bands told me I'd be "engaged and amazed" by their music.

What's the opposite of amazed?

Finch Platte
07-01-2008, 08:02 AM
Wow, these guys sound just like RWPL! I wish more bands told me I'd be "engaged and amazed" by their music.

What's the opposite of amazed?

I don't know if you noticed or not, but they're looking for a keyboard player. :biggrin5:

3-LockBox
07-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Not bad actually...not original either. No worse than The Pineapple Thief, who get a lot of love over at PE. Same motif. Where this band seems to have a Pain Of Salvation or Riverside influence, The Pineapple Thief sounds like Lightbulb Sun era Porky Tree with Thom Yorke on vox.

I love the last line, "The lyrics are inspired by life and touches matters such as love, sorrow and sometimes even socially taboo subjects". I'm not sure I wanna know.:lol:

Thanx for the link.

edit: still listening to the MySpace page...not bad. I think I'll float over to PE and post this link there, and take credit for finding it. Thanx again.