Atonement- Wow!!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Atonement- Wow!!!!

Worf101
06-29-2008, 07:36 AM
I've now seen all the "Best Picture" nominees from last years Oscars and I have to say the field was stronger than I first thought. Watched "Atonement" on the wide screen last night and can only say WOW. Despite having to explain the difference to the ole lady betwixt the British Defeat and Dunkirk vs the Allied invasion of Normandy (took way longer than I thought) the experience was marvelous. Great writing, great acting, marvelous script. Didn't like the flashback, flash forward story telling but it was explained in the extra features that that was the way the novel played out. The ending had me stunned.

You want a testement as to how good this flick was, it had me sceaming at the screen on several occaisions. All apologies to FA, but if ever a woman deserved to have her teeth knocked out on the screen Tallis sure did. I was screaming for her to go flying out a window to a bloody death... Dreamt of that tracking shot on the beach... all night....

Wow..

Da Worfster

kexodusc
06-29-2008, 04:26 PM
This is the last of the BP nominees I have to see. If it gets a "wow" from the ever-particular Worfster, it goes up the rankings on the "to rent" list automagically.

Worf101
06-30-2008, 05:01 AM
This is the last of the BP nominees I have to see. If it gets a "wow" from the ever-particular Worfster, it goes up the rankings on the "to rent" list automagically.
"automagically"... That's a new "Don Kingism" that I'm gonna appropriate for my own personal use. In all honesty Kex, if you don't find it entertaining I'd be VERY surprised.

Da Worfster