My 'return to vinyl' saga has come to an end. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My 'return to vinyl' saga has come to an end.

Swish
06-27-2008, 03:03 AM
And it's...not bad. I worked out the bugs on my new :) Denon table and spun my first LP in many moons, Pinback's Summer in Abaddon, and it sounded just fine. I prolly need to do some tweaking to the set up on my Rotel processor to get the stereo setting just right, so I'm sure some improvement can be had, but it was quite clean and free of snap, crackle and pop. I have a Disc Washer system and made sure to clean it thoroughly, so no issues there, and the table was quite easy to set up, even for a novice like me.

Anyway, I guess I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for vinyl bargains while I'm out and about, but I'm still going to buy plenty of cds for portability and ease of use, so I won't be a vinyl snob...at least that's my plan.

Swish - riding the way-back machine

JohnMichael
06-27-2008, 03:19 AM
Congratulations on your new turntable and enjoy the vinyl.

ForeverAutumn
06-27-2008, 05:34 AM
Thank god. Now you can stop your whining.

Hehehe. I'm glad it all worked out for you in the end.

jrhymeammo
06-27-2008, 05:40 AM
Congrats, Swish,

Did you get the DP-300M?

Well come back to a world of inconvenience. You'll find yourself @ dinky stores breathing in decades of dust. $3 an album aint so bad, and you'll get plenty of execise walking back and forth between your easy chair and TT.

JRA

bobsticks
06-27-2008, 04:45 PM
I can finally say without equivocation what so many have long thought---that you are on the needle. Congrats, Snap,Crackle,PopSwishy...

Mr Peabody
06-27-2008, 09:22 PM
Swish, how many Lp's do you have?

Swish
06-28-2008, 06:15 AM
Thank god. Now you can stop your whining.

Hehehe. I'm glad it all worked out for you in the end.

...whine about. Just give me a week or so.

Swish - I'm so....unsatisfied....

Swish
06-28-2008, 06:18 AM
Swish, how many Lp's do you have?

...gave many away when CDs come into play. I got 4 new ones from my daughter for my last birthday, an event that started this whole messy affair. I still have about 50 or so in the house, but I imagine I'll be adding to that as the months roll by.

CDs are a different story. I haven't counted them in a long time but I would guess over 3000, and that doesn't include about 500 or so cdrs of various compilations and the like.

Swish

ForeverAutumn
07-02-2008, 08:10 AM
...gave many away when CDs come into play. I got 4 new ones from my daughter for my last birthday, an event that started this whole messy affair.

Swish

What an ingenious and creative way to torture a parent. Well done, I must say.

Now I see where that darling grand-daughter of yours gets her smarts. :yesnod: