Klipsch CS-700 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Klipsch CS-700

Bklynblaze207
06-24-2008, 06:52 AM
I just recieved my 50" Panasonic TH-50PZ800U and I'm very happy with it. The picture is excellent...no complaints.

However, as good as the speakers are on the 800U I eventually want to get some surround sound. The room that the tv is in is relatively small and my viewing distance is around 6-10 ft. I was at Best Buy and they had the Klipsch CS-700 set up and it sounded REALLY good. I know it's 2.1 and not 5.1 but it is that Virtual Surround technology that is supposed to mimic 5.1 surround sound. They had a movie playing and it sounded great. I think it would go great in my room where my tv is since it's only two front speakers which require wires and a sub woofer that is wireless. So it cuts out on wiring. I just feel that 5 or 7 speakers in my small room would be overkill and this system for 2 speakers sounded like 5.1 when I listened to it at Best Buy. Curious what you guys think? Have you heard this system or have any thoughts on it? Thanks.

f0rge
06-24-2008, 10:50 AM
most of us here tend to avoid those "home theatre in a box" (or HTIB) setups in favour of a real receiver with real speakers.

almost 100% of the time you will get much better sound out of a full setup. the ability to expand beyond the basic setup and replace only certain pieces instead of the whole unit is a plus as well.

that being said, depending on your goals and budget, that setup might work very well for you.

bfalls
06-25-2008, 05:40 AM
Of course a full-blown 5.1 or 7.1 system is going to sound better. But what I heard from you is you liked what you heard from the CS-700. As long as you enjoy what you hear and don't spend very much on it, I say go for it. It may be a good starter system for you to get into without having to run cable or understand how to setup a full system.

Understand though that it is a compromise. If you like what you hear, start doing some reading and listening and eventually get into a better system. If you're a true noob, I can guarantee if you tried getting into an advanced system without first knowing what you're getting into, some of the fun would be lost in the details. A good HT system can be frustrating for the uninitiated. Take it slow and enjoy the journey.