Biggest concert week in a while for me... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Biggest concert week in a while for me...

nobody
06-23-2008, 06:33 AM
Got Tom Waits coming up Thursday, followed by Rancid on Saturday. I've wanted to see Waits for a long, long time, but never had the chance until now so I overspent to grab the ridiculously priced tickets and am looking forward to seeing him in a lovely refurbished old theater he is playing. Rancid should be fun and Exene has her latest version of the Original Sinners opening, including a couple of old drinking buddies sitting in, so that should be a fun show.

Speaking of old punk stuff.....got to see the Meatmen Saturday night after getting to drink a beer and chat with Tesco Vee earlier in the day...fun gig held downstairs of a reggae club, so I kept getting pulled back and forth during the opening bands until the Meatmen hit the stage and kept my attention for a short but excellent set. They ever did a couple covers, a FEAR cover and a Skewdriver cover.

Just gotta get through the week until Thursday.

bobsticks
06-23-2008, 06:23 PM
God I miss it when you're not around.

I'd pay top dollar to see the sights and hear the raspy tones of Tom Waits...and Tesco Vee should be revered like an American pioneer. Yo livin' right, enjoy the show.

nobody
06-24-2008, 05:46 AM
Thanks for making a guy feel welcome.

I still honestly have been intending on sending a little package your way. Things have just been really hectic around here lately.

SlumpBuster
06-24-2008, 09:08 AM
As far as I'm concerned the Meatmen still owe me for the detention I got in Jr. High for showing up to my gym class in a "We're the Meatmen... and you suck!!!" teeshirt. Not exactly appropriate for Catholic school.

I have always loved Rancid, but never got to see them live. I know alot of people claim they are derivative and and a cheap imitation of "real punk." To which I retort: "Suck it."

I was at a strip club for a buddy's bachelor party a couple years ago, when suddenly the standard Motley Crue was replaced by Rancid. The woman who came out on stage had the full two tone kit on: Docs, fishnets, plaid skirts, braces (suspenders). Needless to say I spent alot of money. Not very in sync with the more Fugazi-esque punk ethic I grew up with, what with objectifying women and all, but what can I say ... I'm such a pervert, and punk chicks can be so cute. :D

bobsticks
06-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Thanks for making a guy feel welcome.

I still honestly have been intending on sending a little package your way. Things have just been really hectic around here lately.

I hope you do feel welcome. Your posts always remind me of something I haven't listened to in a while and make for some good listening. and as for the other thing, no worries mang, I'm cool as the other side of the pillow. There's plenty of little, silver discs lyin' around these parts just waiting for attention. Whatever it is, whenever it happens, I'm sure it'll be good and that's worth waitin' on.

bobsticks
06-24-2008, 03:29 PM
I was at a strip club for a buddy's bachelor party a couple years ago, when suddenly the standard Motley Crue was replaced by Rancid. The woman who came out on stage had the full two tone kit on: Docs, fishnets, plaid skirts, braces (suspenders). Needless to say I spent alot of money. Not very in sync with the more Fugazi-esque punk ethic I grew up with, what with objectifying women and all, but what can I say ... I'm such a pervert, and punk chicks can be so cute. :D

Classic tale. I like goth chicks but there are many parallels...and I got two words for ya.