Favourite Online (Prof) Review Sites [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Online (Prof) Review Sites

Ajani
06-19-2008, 10:04 AM
Ok... the new Whahifi? website launched yesterday and really hit the jackpot imho... which got me thinking,

What are your Favourite Online Professional Review Sites?

Mine are:

Whathifi.com - They finally have a searchable database of their magazine reviews!

Stereophile.com - They refuse to publish their 'recommended components' list online and frankly, the magazine just doesn't review enough equipment in an issue... but the website has most of their current product reviews...

The absolute sound - has pdf of most of their magazine reviews apart from the latest issues.

Hifichoice - seems to publish their magazine reviews through several different websites with no acknowledgment of the source. I wish they'd just come clean and publish their reviews on Hifichoice.com.

audio_dude
06-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Personally I just trust the ears of the members here :biggrin5:

Other than that I can't really go on what a reviewer says. If it doesn't sound good to my ears it's out of the question.

Ajani
06-20-2008, 05:01 AM
Personally I just trust the ears of the members here :biggrin5:

Other than that I can't really go on what a reviewer says. If it doesn't sound good to my ears it's out of the question.

I regard the ears of other forum members and reviewers in the same way: useful for getting ideas of products I should audition... but the decision to purchase comes down solely to my ears.