Could Priest be back this time? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Could Priest be back this time?

Mr Peabody
06-17-2008, 06:34 PM
Judas Priest is back with a 2 disc concept album, Nostrodommis, I need spell check. They are running a special on the local Rock station and what I've heard so far is pretty good. Much better than what I heard of their last effort. They've gone for the concept, even adding keyboards. I think also is interesting is to hear the range and versatility of Halford's vocals, he even approaches a bit of operatic on this effort.

Anyone pick this up yet? I haven't heard the entire show yet, you can tell it's Priest, I just wonder how progressive the album gets.

AH!!! puke.... a one hour special, a 2 disc album and they have to friggin play Another thing Comin.

ForeverAutumn
06-18-2008, 04:45 AM
I think that you should buy this and review it for the rest of us.

Hubby and I were debating whether to go and see Priest this summer. Neither of us have ever seen them live. I don't think that we're going, but a killer new album could persuade us.

3-LockBox
06-18-2008, 06:43 AM
I saw Priest back in '86, during the Turbo Tour (bad album though)

There's been some buzz about this over at Progressive Ears, but I dunno about this yet...a concept album...about Nostradamus...by Judas Priest. We'll see.

Hell, this is the third or fourth post you've made about a prog related band...you may be ready for the jump to PE! But if you think RR can be contentious, you ain't seen nothin yet.

bobsticks
06-18-2008, 08:53 AM
I haven't been impressed by the snippets I've heard thus far. Not Rob Halford's brightest moments.

Mr Peabody
06-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Come on FA, I'd go see Priest if all they did was their old stuff, especially if they did their older stuff. Judas Priest Rocks! Staind Class, Victim of Changes, Living After Midnight, Screamin for Vengence..... good stuff. If I didn't hear Got Another Thing Comin again the rest of my life I'd be fine.