Just met Tommy Ramone! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Just met Tommy Ramone!

Jim Clark
06-17-2008, 02:05 PM
Had to take some time away. First order of business was to deal with very belated private messages that I just now got!

Now, just got back from an autograph session with Tommy Ramone who is in town to perform with his bluegrass outfit (no joke) Uncle Monk. I have tickets but have other commitments (which is why I vanished in the first place). Gonna have to let the oldest son go and take a friend in my place.

There aren't many grown men I'm gonna leave work early for, stand in line, and ask for an autograph. Anyone with the last name of Ramone is likely to be an exception. Tommy was very cool and signed my jacket of the first Ramones release. Jr. had him sign his Ramones Tshirt. Never saw them perform live so this is as close as I'll ever get.

Posting a pic, make fun of my biscuits and gravy fueled frame but please take it easy on the boy.

Tommy rules!

jc

Mr MidFi
06-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Wow...Tommy Ramone looks sorta like Willie Nelson there!

Very cool, Jim. Very cool indeed. And that's a fine-looking lad you got there.

(fyi...anyone curious about what me & my family looks like can check out our web site:
onelittleworld.com)

kexodusc
06-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Dude, that is wicked awesome. I am jealous. Kid got to meet him too.
Must be cool to share something like that with your boy.

Finch Platte
06-17-2008, 03:55 PM
Hey, that's cool!

I wonder if they play bluegrass versions of any Ramones songs... :arf:

fp <------ taking it easy on the boy.

3-LockBox
06-17-2008, 09:30 PM
What band was he in?

;)

nobody
06-18-2008, 04:43 AM
I'm not sure if looking at you or Tommy makes me feel older.

ForeverAutumn
06-18-2008, 04:53 AM
I don't know why I'm always surprised when I see a picture of someone from this site and they look so........normal (that goes for MidFi too...cool web site).

Great experience Jim. It's always exciting to meet a musical icon!

3-LockBox
06-18-2008, 06:37 AM
You don't look like a surfer Jim.

Funny, someone over at a prog board yesterday was talking about surf music and I thought of your comps. Then I came over here and there you are. Like FA said, you look normal...and you'll bot catch me talking about someone else's weight...no way.

Swish
06-18-2008, 07:09 AM
...fatter (Jim Clark) than me on RR. :biggrin5:

Being the huge Ramones fan that you are, must have been pretty cool indeed. But bluegrass? That's almost to funny.

Swish - didn't pick on your son...although I was tempted.

Stone
06-18-2008, 07:16 AM
Had to take some time away. First order of business was to deal with very belated private messages that I just now got!

Now, just got back from an autograph session with Tommy Ramone who is in town to perform with his bluegrass outfit (no joke) Uncle Monk. I have tickets but have other commitments (which is why I vanished in the first place). Gonna have to let the oldest son go and take a friend in my place.

There aren't many grown men I'm gonna leave work early for, stand in line, and ask for an autograph. Anyone with the last name of Ramone is likely to be an exception. Tommy was very cool and signed my jacket of the first Ramones release. Jr. had him sign his Ramones Tshirt. Never saw them perform live so this is as close as I'll ever get.

Posting a pic, make fun of my biscuits and gravy fueled frame but please take it easy on the boy.

Tommy rules!

jc

That's cool, Jim. Sounds like it was a great experience for both you and your son.

But I can't resist: you let your son in the house with a Huskers shirt on??

Jim Clark
06-18-2008, 04:06 PM
That's cool, Jim. Sounds like it was a great experience for both you and your son.

But I can't resist: you let your son in the house with a Huskers shirt on??

Wife went to PT school at Nebraska, so there's the tie in. I'm prepared to deal with it although he does look better with a haircut and jayhawk on : )

jc

Jim Clark
06-18-2008, 04:11 PM
...fatter (Jim Clark) than me on RR. :biggrin5:

Being the huge Ramones fan that you are, must have been pretty cool indeed. But bluegrass? That's almost to funny.

Swish - didn't pick on your son...although I was tempted.

And that's made even worse by the fact that I run a freakin' GYM! 2 actually. Pathetic.

The oldest said the show was pretty cool despite the fact that he doesn't like bluegrass at all.
He came away with 2 signed drumsticks and a signed mandolin pic. He was happy.

No Ramones covers a la' the Ramonatures and the surf toons. Probably would have been a good idea.

jc

bobsticks
06-18-2008, 05:38 PM
And that's made even worse by the fact that I run a freakin' GYM! 2 actually. Pathetic.

Well, just 'cause you work in 'em doesn't mean you use 'em, eh? I'm in pharmaceuticals but have had exactly one perscription in a dozen years...tell erebody that you're going for a more "organic" approach.

Anyway, that whole little shindig looks veddy cool jc. Prolly somethin' the boy will remember for a while...well, maybe. Does he know who the Ramones are?