It's Fathers Day! Get a beer in one hand and a... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : It's Fathers Day! Get a beer in one hand and a...

Swish
06-15-2008, 06:31 AM
...beer in the other one.

Happy Fathers Day to all my fellow dad's on RR, a few of whom are also mothers. :yesnod:

Swishdaddy

ForeverAutumn
06-15-2008, 06:34 AM
It's 10:30 in the morning! Did you at least pour your beer over cornflakes?

Happy Father's Day to all the RR Daddios.

Swish
06-15-2008, 07:03 AM
It's 10:30 in the morning! Did you at least pour your beer over cornflakes?

Happy Father's Day to all the RR Daddios.

...and it's 11:02, not 10:30.

Swishdaddio

bobsticks
06-15-2008, 08:45 AM
Back in college I always liked a good wheat beer with a Western Omelette.

noddin0ff
06-15-2008, 09:22 AM
Drinking and parenting. Two great things that go great together. ;-)

bobsticks
06-15-2008, 10:06 AM
Oh yeah, Happy Father's Day you old vinyl-coot, you...

and a happy one to all the other RR dads.

ForeverAutumn
06-16-2008, 06:12 AM
that I painted for SwishDaddio.

Mr MidFi
06-17-2008, 09:25 AM
I spent Dad's Day thousands and thousands of miles away from my wife & daughter. All alone at home, I decided to go for a nice, long walk. And after a steady hour-and-a-half of hoofing it, I developed a daddy-sized thirst. So I plopped down on a bar stool in lovely Geneva, Illinois, ordered a tall Stella & some nachos, and watched the Cubs as they handily beat that team from Toronto (sorry, FA). And on the walk back home, I stopped off at a great local, independent record store and bought the recent two-disc/multi-channel remasters of Genesis' Duke and Porky Tree's Lightbulb Sun.

Would have preferred having my honey and my baby there with me. But all in all, not a bad Father's Day for me.

P.S. I called my dad to wish him a happy father's day, and spoke with him for a good 5 minutes before I figured out that he thought I was my brother.

Swish
06-17-2008, 09:44 AM
I spent Dad's Day thousands and thousands of miles away from my wife & daughter. All alone at home, I decided to go for a nice, long walk. And after a steady hour-and-a-half of hoofing it, I developed a daddy-sized thirst. So I plopped down on a bar stool in lovely Geneva, Illinois, ordered a tall Stella & some nachos, and watched the Cubs as they handily beat that team from Toronto (sorry, FA). And on the walk back home, I stopped off at a great local, independent record store and bought the recent two-disc/multi-channel remasters of Genesis' Duke and Porky Tree's Lightbulb Sun.

Would have preferred having my honey and my baby there with me. But all in all, not a bad Father's Day for me.

P.S. I called my dad to wish him a happy father's day, and spoke with him for a good 5 minutes before I figured out that he thought I was my brother.

...at noon for a nice meal at a local establishment, and my 85 year old dad, who is still pretty sharp, was telling me how I was at his house a little while ago and was heading to a pub for lunch with my wife, Deb. He obviously confused me with another brother, Steve, which made me chuckle, and I reminded him of it and he let out a loud roar. Too funny.

Then I went out to their house to deliver and install his Father's Day present from me and my 3 brothers (I have 4 sisters too), which was a wide screen monitor with built-in speakers, for his PC. His desk was way too crowded and his old 13.8" monitor was taking up way too much space, as were his big clunky speakers. I also got him one gig of RAM and installed that while I was there, along with blowing out the dust in his CPU. He only had a quarter gig, quite underpowered for an XP machine, and it would take a long time just to boot up. Hard to believe the gig stick was only $38 from New Egg. I remember paying about $80 for 8 MB of RAM back in the day!

Anyway, he loves his PC for e-mailing his old buddies, so he was quite pleased with his new monitor, and I changed the settings so all the icons and e-mail fonts are larger, which makes it easier on him and my mom. And with 1.25 gigs of RAM, it's loading up quite nicely now. I'm his current hero, but we'll see how long that lasts.

Swishbaby

ForeverAutumn
06-17-2008, 10:03 AM
I'm his current hero, but we'll see how long that lasts.

Is that anything like being a current spouse? ;)

Mr. MidFi, it sounds like you had a nice Father's Day in spite of being without your loved ones (I'm sure they were thinking of you). I'm glad that my Blue Jays were able to play a part in your happiness.

I have a brother who was at that game. Not that it matters, but I always think that stuff is kinda neat in a standing in two places looking at the same moon kind of way.

Mr MidFi
06-17-2008, 10:11 AM
He obviously confused me with another brother, Steve, which made me chuckle, and I reminded him of it and he let out a loud roar. Too funny.
Swishbaby

Oddly enough, my brother is also named Steve.