Genesis Physics Speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Genesis Physics Speakers

thekid
06-11-2008, 06:38 PM
While thrifiting today I picked up a pair of Genesis I speakers for $7. Apparently they are a close cousin of EPI's. Woofers are in need of a refoam but the grills are in good shape as are the tweeters. walnut cabinets are in good shape but would be even better if I sanded them down and refinished.

Anyone know these speakers?

mlsstl
06-12-2008, 08:07 AM
Sounds like an old pair of Genesis from the mid-1970s. If I recall this was a fairly simple 2 way speaker. The fit and finish was only so-so, but they did have a pretty good sound for the money. You can find some additional info about the company here:
http://www.humanspeakers.com/genesis/genstory.htm

If these are the speakers I think they are, they have no relation to the current Genesis speakers on the market. Genesis Physics went belly up in 1987.

thekid
06-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Sounds like an old pair of Genesis from the mid-1970s. If I recall this was a fairly simple 2 way speaker. The fit and finish was only so-so, but they did have a pretty good sound for the money. You can find some additional info about the company here:
http://www.humanspeakers.com/genesis/genstory.htm

If these are the speakers I think they are, they have no relation to the current Genesis speakers on the market. Genesis Physics went belly up in 1987.

Thanks.

I did find the HumanSpeaker site. After looking there I have been able to identify mine as Genesis I circa 1975. The tweeter's are the original reddish-linen drivers. Cabinets are in overall good shape. I will try to post pics to see if anyone can give me confirmation. Hooked them up for a quick test and they do sound good even with the woofer surrounds gone.

thekid
06-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Will need to re-foam and will replace the dust caps as well but overall pretty good condition for a 33 year old speaker.

I think these will be a good starter project before i try to refoam my Time Frames.

pixelthis
06-13-2008, 05:45 PM
my first pair of "serious" speakers were Genesis, from the early eighties.
They looked exactly like those, and after a decade or so the surrounds were pretty much gone like those.
But they still sounded rather good.
Kept them until the turn of the century, when they got lost in a move.
There is a rather rare occurance in audio, not just imaing , but scary imaging, its like the musicans are in the room, you can place every one, close your eyes and you're
there.
Powered by my Yamaha, with my Pioneer turntable, I had one of those moments
listening to these speakers. I had them almost two decades, and they still sounded
decent:1:

thekid
06-13-2008, 06:24 PM
my first pair of "serious" speakers were Genesis, from the early eighties.
They looked exactly like those, and after a decade or so the surrounds were pretty much gone like those.
But they still sounded rather good.
Kept them until the turn of the century, when they got lost in a move.
There is a rather rare occurance in audio, not just imaing , but scary imaging, its like the musicans are in the room, you can place every one, close your eyes and you're
there.