SpeakerCraft [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : SpeakerCraft

audiobill
06-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Anyone here have any experience with SpeakerCraft amps or built-in speakers? I have an installer who is raving praises about this company. I've never heard of them, until now.

Please weigh in on these,

Bill

Swish
06-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Anyone here have any experience with SpeakerCraft amps or built-in speakers? I have an installer who is raving praises about this company. I've never heard of them, until now.

Please weigh in on these,

Bill

...after that nasty flooding of your home. As for the speakers, I've certainly heard about them, but haven't actually heard them. They're doing some really cool stuff with their TIME in-ceiling speakers, and this review from Home Theater magazine is pretty flattering. http://www.hometheatermag.com/inwallspeakers/207speak/

I know they make some low-budget systems as well as some pricey stuff, and I would bet they're worth checking out. Are you shopping for some?

Swish

JSE
06-11-2008, 10:44 AM
I've got Speakercraft in ceiling speakers in my Kitchen and Diningroom. They sound pretty darn good. I can't remember the model numbers as it's been a few years since I put them in but they would considered their mid-level speakers. I don't really push them hard but I can say they have decent bass and overall clarity for my use. They seem comparable with most other in-wall or in-ceiling speakers in the general price range. In the kitchen I have one speaker that has one main driver for mid/bass and two directional tweeters. You can run both channels into the speaker. Each channel has it's own tweeter and shares the main driver. It sounds suprisingly good.

If I were using them for HT, I would probably look at other options or at least their higher end stuff.

No idea about their Amps.

audiobill
06-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks Swish and JSE. Looks like I'll be spending most of my summer in a hotel room. The timeline of work getting done is slipping further into the future. Nevertheless, we are taking things one day at a time.

One of my ways of refocusing is to research possibilities for HT. Hence, the Speakercrafts. Not sure if I'm sold, yet, but it is interesting to think outside of the proverbial speaker box.

Cheers,

Bill