AC/DC goes Wal-Mart exclusive with their upcoming new release! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : AC/DC goes Wal-Mart exclusive with their upcoming new release!

Mr Peabody
06-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Looks like AC/DC will follow in the steps of the Eagles and a few other bands and release their long awaited upcoming new album through Wal-Mart exclusively. This was according the the Wall Street Journal. Ah... look up your own link.

Rich-n-Texas
06-10-2008, 04:08 AM
Looks like AC/DC will follow in the steps of the Eagles and a few other bands and release their long awaited upcoming new album through Wal-Mart exclusively. This was according the the Wall Street Journal. Ah... look up your own link.
No need to because I don't like AC/DC. Stopped liking them after Back in Black. Can't stand Brian Jones' voice. And it's just as well they're releasing through Wal-mart, 'cause I don't shop there. :nonod:

Did I just put a negative spin on your thread Mr. P? :smilewinkgrin:

GMichael
06-10-2008, 05:55 AM
No need to because I don't like AC/DC. Stopped liking them after Back in Black. Can't stand Brian Jones' voice. And it's just as well they're releasing through Wal-mart, 'cause I don't shop there. :nonod:

Did I just put a negative spin on your thread Mr. P? :smilewinkgrin:

I think you just made his point.

Rich-n-Texas
06-10-2008, 05:59 AM
When are you going to fix my sarcasm detector GM? You've had it for like 3 months now?!?!?!

GMichael
06-10-2008, 06:07 AM
Every time I get it fixed, my wife walks in and overloads it again. I gave up. I could send the pieces back if you like.

Rich-n-Texas
06-10-2008, 06:24 AM
I don't want them. They probably have cooties on them now. Maybe sticks'll give me his... GUN.

filecat13
06-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Yep, two reasons not to buy: don't shop at the 'Mart and don't like the group.

Still the deeper question is "Why?"

Is AC/DC representative of the Wal-Mart demo? Do they think typical fans will flock to Wal-Mart to buy this? Do they expect to generate new fans from the Wal-Mart faithful? Do they really want AC/DC fans coming into the stores? Do they have extra security on duty? Will they be promoting an AC/DC lifestyle section with clothes, drug accessories, AC/DC alcohol recipes, rehab and counseling packages, tatoos, and tobacco products?

Inquiring minds want to know.®

filecat13
06-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Oh hey! I think I know why. The parties in question only care about the money.

Sheesh! Why didn't I think of that before?

GMichael
06-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Oh hey! I think I know why. The parties in question only care about the money.

BINGO!

Sheesh! Why didn't I think of that before?

Maybe you were thinking that there was something more in this life than just the blind pursuit of money?

Rich-n-Texas
06-10-2008, 10:59 AM
"AC/DC alcohol recipes."

Hmmmmmm....... :shocked:

Mr Peabody
06-10-2008, 06:40 PM
S A C R A L E D G E !!!!!!!!!!!
You'll all burn! AC/DC RULES!!!

Some chastizing is in order. Let me hear the pain!

Come to think of it I think the last AC/DC album I have is Back In Black. For Those About To Rock wasn't bad but not consistent enough to buy.

bobsticks
06-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Aw, let the boys make some cheese and retire. Ain't nothing wrong with cashing in after a long haul. FWIW, I liked "Flick Of the Switch"; a body can throw some reps to "Bedlam In Belgium".

Maybe sticks'll give me his... GUN.

Yeah, if you could never say that again it'd be great. Thanks.