Wow [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wow

f0rge
06-09-2008, 09:51 AM
i was just at the HIFI shop they have here in the building watching soccer in HD on one of the display sets.

me and my buddy were just sitting there taking up space, one of the salemen comes over to talk to us, and he says "hey you guys should go upstairs, we have the 103 inch plasma set up"

so i went and all i can say is WOW! that thing is HUGE lol.

BadAssJazz
06-09-2008, 11:55 AM
i was just at the HIFI shop they have here in the building watching soccer in HD on one of the display sets.

me and my buddy were just sitting there taking up space, one of the salemen comes over to talk to us, and he says "hey you guys should go upstairs, we have the 103 inch plasma set up"

so i went and all i can say is WOW! that thing is HUGE lol.

Holy ----!!! I'm still trying to set aside for my 55" upgrade at the end of the summer. I can't imagine how I'd get a billboard-sized plasma through my front door.

f0rge
06-09-2008, 12:17 PM
there's no way, it was like 10 feet wide and 6 feet tall, you'd have to knock out a wall to get that in most houses.

GMichael
06-09-2008, 12:41 PM
But I thought that plasma was dead.:devil:
I wonder what that thing must weight. How many friends would you need to help you set that up.
My 106" projector screen was cake.:thumbsup:

nightflier
06-09-2008, 02:16 PM
If you also consider that Plasma has to stay upright, getting 6' inside of a regular doorway isn't such an easy task. Of course, people buying that TV probably don't have regular sized doorways.

filecat13
06-09-2008, 02:34 PM
B

Amen to that.

pixelthis
06-10-2008, 11:08 PM
But I thought that plasma was dead.:devil:
I wonder what that thing must weight. How many friends would you need to help you set that up.

DEADER THAN A DOORNAIL.
And gee, I was worried about the superconducting supercollider.
I mean, you're sitting there in your "footie" PJ'S (guarenteeing your kids will have gills)
watching saturday morning cartoons and woom!
A supernova, all of that plasma forming a new sun in your living room.
Or maybe there will just be a leak, a cockroach apocalypse(with the occasional sausage dog thrown in) and a glow in the dark house foundation:1:

GMichael
06-11-2008, 05:07 AM
DEADER THAN A DOORNAIL.
I mean, you're sitting there in your "footie" PJ'S (guarenteeing your kids will have gills)
Or maybe there will just be a leak, a cockroach apocalypse(with the occasional sausage dog thrown in) and a glow in the dark house foundation:1:

WTF?! Dude. Step away from the meds. Turn off the Sci-fi channel. Go out into the world and meet some people.:eek6:

f0rge
06-11-2008, 06:56 AM
DEADER THAN A DOORNAIL.

yes i'm sure the FCC (or whoever) would allow Panasonic to build a TV that can create "a new sun in your living room" and turn your kids into some kind of mutant fish creatures.

and plasma isn't dead, it will outlast LCD once OLED hits the market as a lower cost alternative. LCD being inferior in PQ to both plasma and OLED with fade into memory.