Speaking of Dance, you'll never guess who's back..... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Dance, you'll never guess who's back.....

Mr Peabody
06-07-2008, 08:42 PM
The queen of Disco herself..... Ms Donna Summers! She has a new album out called Crayons. Curiosity got the better of me so I checked out the samples and I ended up buying it. I don't know if anyone will pay Ms Summers any attention after all these years but it would be a shame if they didn't this is a fine Pop album. No, it's not Disco but most of it is Dance. The album starts out with several Dance/Pop tracks which are very good. You can hear she borrows things from today's beats but she shows what a veteran artist with still a strong talent can do with them. Then the album detours off and let's Ms Summers show off her versatility. Oh, did I mention one of the tracks features Ziggy Marley? Anyway back to the detour, she does one of those acoustic guitar songs with a beat, a couple songs have a bit of World flavor to them, especially the last track which is one of my favorites on the album, I guess for fun she don't disappoint by doing a song that does sound like a 70's Disco tune. I just recently received the album and have only given one spin so far so I can't dissect it too much but from the first spin this album is strong enough you know it's good. It's rare today you get a Pop album you can listen to all the way through and for it to be done by an artist not heard in the length of time as Ms Summers makes Crayons worthy of some attention.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/recsradio/radio/B0016B6ZKG/ref=pd_krex_dp_a

As a side note I stumbled onto Donna Summers while seeing what the new Cyndi Lauper album sounds like. I like Lauper but her new album stinks in my opinion.