Music Hall 25.2 series amp/cd???? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Music Hall 25.2 series amp/cd????

MartyW
06-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Still researching components for a new system to go with Monitor Audio RS6 speakers.

Is anyone using the Music Hall 25.2 amp and cd player?

Thanks!

Marty

blackraven
06-07-2008, 11:19 PM
I have the Music Hall 25.2 CDP. I modded it and wish I hadn't. It has a very transparent, detailed sound and the mid range is pushed back some. Treble is excellent and bass is good. If you like a foward and aggressive sound then this player is not for you. The mod took away the transparency and gave it a more foward and warmer sound. One of these days I'm going to have it undone. I upgraded the clock, caps and op amps. The op amps really changed the sound.

I feel it is well worth the money and the guys over at both spearit sound locations recommended it over the Cambridge Audio 640c. It sounds like players costing in the$1K range. I've seen it for sale as low as $499. I paid $540 with a free upgraded power cord and AudioQuest Coral IC's and free shipping.

MartyW
06-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks! Still going back and forth between the Outlaw Audio RR2150, or just getting everything from the same company. Oy, such decisions!!!!!

blackraven
06-09-2008, 03:27 PM
The RR2150 is a nice receiver with plenty of high current power and 4ohm capable. It offers good value with sub and preamp outs and bass management. It would have plenty of oomph to drive the MA RS6's. You should join the outlaw audio forum called the saloon and get more info on it if you already havent. It would be my pick over the MH amp. You might want to consider the Cambridge Audio 740A intergrated amp.