Pirates of the Carribean - At Worlds End. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Carribean - At Worlds End.

Worf101
06-04-2008, 04:32 AM
I watched this last night and it was awful. The ole lady fell asleep and the kid went to bed early on it. I've never been so bored for SOOOOOOOOOOO LOOOOOOOOONG in my film watching life. How long was that friggen thing? Makes Citizen Kane seem like a flash in the pan. 12 to 15 minutes watching rocks turn into crabs? Are you chitten me? Uffff what a turd that was!!!!

Da Worfster

GMichael
06-04-2008, 05:06 AM
I must agree with you there Worf. Saw this a couple weeks ago on an HD channel. The effects were cool. The sound was OK. The video was great. The story was.... missing. I kept trying to remember who it was that told me that this was a good movie. But then I remembered that all they said was that the video was top notch. Couldn't disagree with that, but I could have used those 2 hours for something else.

Worf101
06-04-2008, 07:05 AM
Two? Two??? Did you say TWO hours??!!!! It felt like ten. If captured and forced to watch that garbage I'd spill my guts quick!!!!

Da Worfster

GMichael
06-04-2008, 07:09 AM
Two? Two??? Did you say TWO hours??!!!! It felt like ten. If captured and forced to watch that garbage I'd spill my guts quick!!!!

Da Worfster

Maybe the fourth one will be better.
Snicker snicker....

Smokey
06-04-2008, 07:47 AM
I watched this last night and it was awful. The ole lady fell asleep and the kid went to bed early on it. I've never been so bored for SOOOOOOOOOOO LOOOOOOOOONG in my film watching life.

May be you like it better watching it on your new 61" DLP or LCD TV :D

Haven't seen that one (thanks for warning), but after seeing the second one while back, think I leave it at that. Come to think of it, the second one was kind of long too.

GMichael
06-04-2008, 08:08 AM
May be you like it better watching it on your new 61" DLP or LCD TV :D

Haven't seen that one (thanks for warning), but after seeing the second one while back, think I leave it at that. Come to think of it, the second one was kind of long too.

The first one was totally enjoyable. Cool story, good sound, and fantastic effects & video.
Second one had the good sound, effects & video, but the story was a little slow. It was OK to watch on a rainy day with nothing to do.
Third one still had the good sound, effects & video. But watching it was like a slow boring torture. My eyelids felt like they weighed 20 pounds each. By the end I felt a huge relief that it was finally over.
Can't wait for number 4. It will be perfect for those nights that I just can't get to sleep.

kexodusc
06-04-2008, 08:57 AM
I'll take it one step further - I thought #2 was just as terrible and boring, special effects and sound notwithstanding.
The acting sucks, the characters are barely interesting (too much focus on the wrong ones) and the plot is boring. Bleech.

The first one was ok in a "The Mummy" kind of way. Fun, but shoulda stopped there.
Dear god, tell me GM is joking about #4.

GMichael
06-04-2008, 11:04 AM
I'll take it one step further - I thought #2 was just as terrible and boring, special effects and sound notwithstanding.
The acting sucks, the characters are barely interesting (too much focus on the wrong ones) and the plot is boring. Bleech.

The first one was ok in a "The Mummy" kind of way. Fun, but shoulda stopped there.
Dear god, tell me GM is joking about #4.
It was meant as a joke. But I wouldn't count it out just yet. If someone thinks they can make money on it.....

audio amateur
06-04-2008, 11:12 AM
I quite enjoyed the first one. I haven't seen the third but the second wasn't that great i have to admit. I liked the organ playing though:D
I'll give the third a try.

L.J.
06-04-2008, 11:27 AM
I think I feel asleep on the 3rd one. Don't even remember it now that I think about it.

Mr Peabody
06-04-2008, 05:02 PM
I totally agree with you Worfster.

The first was alright, never watched it again, I liked the 2nd one best but the 3rd was sheer pain and a 60+ screen don't help either, nothing will help accept heed the warning and don't put yourself through it.