tanning bed face? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : tanning bed face?

s dog
06-01-2008, 01:39 PM
Why in the hell does peoples faces look like they been in a tanning bed to long on my new 42'' lg plasma tv, Do i have something set wrong?Here is a list of my settings
contrast 70%
brightness 70%
color 70%
sharpness 50%
tint middle
Cinema 3:2 mode OFF
Black level LOW
Color temperature COOL
XD AUTO
Does this sound even close to where it should be? I realize no one can set my tv up with out being here, but im just trying to get a starting point. It does'nt seem to be as bad on sports, the NBA looked dam good the other night, dvd's also look pretty good, How ever i was watching indiana jones trio last week and the faces almost looked red, At the moment im watching Pirates of the Caribbean and the faces kind of look clay like, Just wandered if there is anything i can do to help is problem out. THANKS

pixelthis
06-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Why in the hell does peoples faces look like they been in a tanning bed to long on my new 42'' lg plasma tv, Do i have something set wrong?Here is a list of my settings
contrast 70%
brightness 70%
color 70%
sharpness 50%
tint middle
Cinema 3:2 mode OFF
Black level LOW
Color temperature COOL
XD AUTO
Does this sound even close to where it should be? I realize no one can set my tv up with out being here, but im just trying to get a starting point. It does'nt seem to be as bad on sports, the NBA looked dam good the other night, dvd's also look pretty good, How ever i was watching indiana jones trio last week and the faces almost looked red, At the moment im watching Pirates of the Caribbean and the faces kind of look clay like, Just wandered if there is anything i can do to help is problem out. THANKS

YEAH, get a LCD or DLP set.
Plasma is dead.
Or you could turn down the color to fifty, same with contrast and brightness.
Try adjusting the "black level" also, in spite of what some tell you, plasma has
the same black level problems as most of the newer formats, set this to "medium" at least.
AND turn down the sharpness to ZERO, all these "sharpness" controls do is increase video noise, which I will bet you're getting.
As for the actors loking kind of "clay like" on "Pirates"...
THATS JUST THE ACTING:1:

blackraven
06-01-2008, 08:56 PM
You have your color way too high as many people do.

s dog
06-02-2008, 07:08 AM
Thanks guys, I will turn things down a bit, My next tv will be a lcd.

Duds
06-02-2008, 07:45 AM
shut up you idiot.

go ahead and get an lcd or dlp and deal with screen door effect..

YEAH, get a LCD or DLP set.
Plasma is dead.
Or you could turn down the color to fifty, same with contrast and brightness.
Try adjusting the "black level" also, in spite of what some tell you, plasma has
the same black level problems as most of the newer formats, set this to "medium" at least.
AND turn down the sharpness to ZERO, all these "sharpness" controls do is increase video noise, which I will bet you're getting.
As for the actors loking kind of "clay like" on "Pirates"...
THATS JUST THE ACTING:1:

Rich-n-Texas
06-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Do you have a "reset to factory default" setting on your TV? Is what you describe what you saw the first time you turned on the TV?

pixelthis
06-02-2008, 09:48 PM
shut up you idiot.

go ahead and get an lcd or dlp and deal with screen door effect..

WHILE you're at it you can deal with the "unicorn" effect, its just about as real.
The only "screendoor" is the one on your outhouse:1:

Duds
06-03-2008, 04:18 AM
How's that hunk of sh*t Vizio you bought at Wal-Mart you piece of trailer trash?

WHILE you're at it you can deal with the "unicorn" effect, its just about as real.
The only "screendoor" is the one on your outhouse:1:

s dog
06-03-2008, 07:21 AM
Do you have a "reset to factory default" setting on your TV? Is what you describe what you saw the first time you turned on the TV?
The tv has three preset settings, Dynamic, Standerd, Mild, Then there is a user 1 setting where you can do the contrast, color, brightness, tint, sharpness, yourself, that's the setting im messing around in.

pixelthis
06-04-2008, 12:10 AM
How's that hunk of sh*t Vizio you bought at Wal-Mart you piece of trailer trash?

BETTER than that emerson 20" you got at the salvation army.
TELL YOUR CRACK HO girlfriend I'm coming over with some friends,
and we want the group rate:1:

Rich-n-Texas
06-04-2008, 04:24 AM
The tv has three preset settings, Dynamic, Standerd, Mild, Then there is a user 1 setting where you can do the contrast, color, brightness, tint, sharpness, yourself, that's the setting im messing around in.
Why don't you look at the settings in one of the presets and do a comparison. I really don't think there are any people here who'll be able to tell you which setting needs to be changed based on the settings information you're providing in your original post s dog.

After I get a PS3 and start watching Blu-ray movies, I'll probably get the TV ISF calibrated and just leave it well enough alone.

s dog
06-04-2008, 07:14 AM
Why don't you look at the settings in one of the presets and do a comparison. I really don't think there are any people here who'll be able to tell you which setting needs to be changed based on the settings information you're providing in your original post s dog.

After I get a PS3 and start watching Blu-ray movies, I'll probably get the TV ISF calibrated and just leave it well enough alone.
I will give that a try. I'v been watching a HDCRT picture for so long that maybe im just not use to a plasma picture yet.

Smokey
06-04-2008, 07:59 AM
Damn, so much rough language in this thread :yikes:

S Dog, I would also mess around with color temperature settings a bit too to see if there is any improvement. It is usually recommended to set it to "Warm" or "neutral", or D6500 if there is such a setting.

Rich-n-Texas
06-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Damn, so much rough language in this thread :yikes:
Quiet Festus or I'll call in Nurse Ratchett!!!

S Dog, I would also mess around with color temperature settings a bit too to see if there is any improvement. It is usually recommended to set it to "Warm" or "neutral", or D6500 if there is such a setting.
Oh good Lord! :nono:

Smokey
06-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Oh good Lord! :nono:

What did I say something wrong?

Tanning face can also be caused by too much red color push which mean one have to access TV's service menu to fix it. But that might be easier said than done since service menu are strickly for pros with proper equipment.