Why does Sony 32xbr4 have USB port and Menu you can't use? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Why does Sony 32xbr4 have USB port and Menu you can't use?

Hyfi
05-31-2008, 07:16 AM
I have a Sony XBR4 that has a menu for viewing pics from a USB connection but nothing in the Manuals about it. The back of the TV has a USB port that says Service Only.

Does anyone know why the TV has the Menu and Port but you can't use it? Is it enabled differently on different models but they all use the same menu programing?

Hyfi
06-05-2008, 04:10 AM
I have a Sony XBR4 that has a menu for viewing pics from a USB connection but nothing in the Manuals about it. The back of the TV has a USB port that says Service Only.

Does anyone know why the TV has the Menu and Port but you can't use it? Is it enabled differently on different models but they all use the same menu programing?

My bad. I picked up the documentation for my xbr4 after finding the menu on my older 40xbr2. I found the USB port along the left side of the set where the front inputs are (but hidden in the placement of my TV.

Anyway, pics and movies play right off the USB memory stick with or without built in piano music with your slide show.

Very cool feature that was removed from the newer xbr4s. Thanks Sony!