Pioneer Elite 84TXSi [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Elite 84TXSi

HIzod
05-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Its been over a year since I purchased the Pioneer Elite 84TXSi and I still haven't mastered its configuration yet. Don't get me wrong this is an AWSOME a/v receiver but it just has way too many features. I have The 84TSXi with the Sharp Aquos LC-32D62U (best tv I have ever owned), Samsung BDP-1200, and of course the PS3 all with HDMI :3: and Logitech Harmony One universal remote control. If any one has any ideas on how to configure the Elite receiver let me know. Also if anyone has the Samsung Blu-ray BDP-1200 let me know if it constantly switches back automatically from its 1080p resolution to its 1080i.

captjamo
05-31-2008, 05:26 AM
I can try to help. I've been running the Pio Elite 92TXH for almost a year. Did you run MCAAC and feel you need further tweek audio? Is Signal Select on? Is HDMI control on?

HIzod
06-02-2008, 09:28 AM
Signal select is on, I am not sure what HDMI control is.

Rich-n-Texas
06-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Hlzod, we could be here for days trying to figure out what you mean by "configuring" your receiver. You've had the receiver for over a year. Have you read the operator's manual? You really need to be much more specific with what you're trying to accomplish.

Nevertheless, welcome to the AR forums.

kelsci
06-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Hlzod, perhaps this link to a review of your receiver might help you. It is a great receiver.
http://www.ultimateavmag.com/avreceivers/1206piovsx/

captjamo
06-03-2008, 06:23 PM
HDMI control-On is for synchronization of components hooked to HDMI inputs. If it is on you will not be able to reassign HDMI inputs if that is something you are trying to configure.
Press the green status button on remote and watch receiver's display. It will tell you whether HDMI control is on.

captjamo
06-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Hlzod, go to PioneerUSA.com and click on support tab, then click A/V receivers, then click model number. Excellent frequent faqs listing are easily searched through. Better than the manual but gives the page number of the manual where info can be found as well.