The newest addition to my desert island list [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The newest addition to my desert island list

ForeverAutumn
05-23-2008, 06:43 AM
I just thought that I would make the official announcement that I'm adding Threshold's Dead Reckoning to the list of albums that I would want to have with me if I were ever stranded on a desert island.

This is an honour at the highest level.

Swish
05-23-2008, 12:10 PM
I just thought that I would make the official announcement that I'm adding Threshold's Dead Reckoning to the list of albums that I would want to have with me if I were ever stranded on a desert island.

...you should be stranded on a desert island.:ihih:

Swish - prog has no place in a civilized society

ForeverAutumn
05-23-2008, 01:06 PM
- prog has no place in a civilized society

If that's the case then...prog has every place here.

bobsticks
05-23-2008, 05:10 PM
What's that word, I forget sometimes, it's the one that means, love has left your eyes

Was it you who sent me the "Deja Disc" so many moons ago? Holy Shiite Muslims Batman! How'd that one slip my clearly averted attention? Richard Buckner's Bloomed gets a top spot around these parts today, and probably for some time to come. Awash in a sea of jingle for ya jangle and twang, Buckner's plaintive everyman journeyman troubadorisms set the course to be sure. Where might one go next in the Buckner catalogue? I'm ensorceled.

kexodusc
05-23-2008, 08:08 PM

Good song writing on this one. Dunno if it'd make my restricted island list, but I've found it to be my fav by these guys. Some of their albums have good tunes, but then lose me part way through. This one is solid from start to finish.
I'm new to them relative to most people I suspect, but I get the impression they've improved with age, where most bands I explore seem to have their best stuff early in their careers.

ForeverAutumn
05-23-2008, 09:56 PM
They've had a change of vocalists and it would appear that whether you prefer their early or later works depends partly on which vocal camp you park your tent. Mine is parked in that of their later work. Their next release will be with their original vocalist back in action so it will be interesting to see how the disk turns out.

Slosh
05-24-2008, 03:25 AM
Richard Buckner's Bloomed gets a top spot around these parts today, and probably for some time to come. Awash in a sea of jingle for ya jangle and twang, Buckner's plaintive everyman journeyman troubadorisms set the course to be sure. Where might one go next in the Buckner catalogue? I'm ensorceled.No expert here but I do have Meadow and it's a fine album. In fact I'm gonna spin it right now :)

Davey
05-24-2008, 08:23 AM
What's that word, I forget sometimes, it's the one that means, love has left your eyes ... Where might one go next in the Buckner catalogue? I'm ensorceled.

Ensorceled, nice. His first three records (Bloomed, Devotion + Doubt, Since) makeup one of my favorite trilogies of the modern era, each special in its own unique way, and I've been ensorceled by each in turn. Right now it's Since for me, which is the newest for me, check out that track I posted in the Sounds Good thread ( http://forums.audioreview.com/showpost.php?p=239094&postcount=50 ), or Ariel Ramirez that <s>I think</s> I posted in another thread ( http://forums.audioreview.com/showpost.php?p=240104&postcount=7 ). Not very many fans around, too bad, do you ever visit ... http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=149261