Blue Man Group DVD [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Blue Man Group DVD

Troy
03-08-2004, 10:32 AM
Got this from Netflix and watched it over the weekend.

What a RIOT. This is the "Rock Concert" show, not the stationary Vegas or Atlantic City or Berlin shows. It's much less Cirque Du Soliel and more rocking. Huge stage with lots of video and atmosphere. Great light show. Big, extremely high energy band with 1 drummer, 3 full time percussionists (each with a huge battery of gear) and 3 guys in blue paint beating on bizarre labyrinthine tuned PVC pipe xylophones and hitting pianos and 5 foot kettledrums with mallets. Lots of other strange instruments being plucked, poked and whipped around, too many to mention. Gave the wife a headache, but made me sweaty palmed and spastic. Like drums? See this disc right away.

The show has a peculiar theme of a training film showing how the audience is supposed to react at a rock show and the whole thing has a very tongue-in-cheek quality, but when all is said and done the band absolutely rawks! Killer cover of Baba O'Reily for the encore.

Dave_G
03-08-2004, 11:38 AM
That group gets rave reviews, sad I missed their gig here last fall.

So how is Netflix?

Work good?

Dave

Troy
03-08-2004, 12:45 PM
It works for me, but I could see it not working for everyone.

$20 a month and you get 3 movies at a time. Watch 'em as fast as you can and mail them back and they send you another disc from your want list that you set up online. As many movies per month as you can watch and send back. They pay postage.

We average 15 to 20 movies a month, so it's way better'n the rental places here that charge 3-5 clams per movie.

If it's on DVD, they haves it.

My only complaint is that popular new releases have long waiting lists, but they just send the next available movie in your list.