Replace stock jumpers with speaker wire? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Replace stock jumpers with speaker wire?

go_blue
05-22-2008, 11:48 AM
On a speaker with dual-terminals, and a jumper connecting them, will replacing the stock jumpers (those that came with the speaker) with actual speaker wire make them sound any better?

dean_martin
05-22-2008, 11:58 AM
haven't done any comparisons, but based on recommendations I received on this board about a year ago when I got new speakers and posted pics clearly showing jumpers, I replaced the factory jumper plates with the same speaker wire I use between speakers and amp - didn't have to buy add'l wire, just cut and trimmed excess. made sense.

I have done a little experimenting with moving wire from lower to upper terminals and back. couldn't tell any difference so I went with manufacturer's suggestion.

Rich-n-Texas
05-22-2008, 12:26 PM
I agree with Dean_. I used pieces of the same 12 gauge wire I used to connect the speakers to the amp.

musicman1999
05-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Have done this with all my speakers except the center which is bi-amped. Seems to sound a little bit better.

bill

blackraven
05-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Here's my take on this. Dont you think that the speaker companies would know what sounds best- wires or a metal plate? If wires sounded better then the company would use them because it is such an inexpensive thing to do rather than making a metal plate. Its just my theory! And besides, the distance we are talking about is so small that I doubt it would make much difference.