Madonna - Hard Candy [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Madonna - Hard Candy

Stone
05-20-2008, 09:24 AM
Although Hard Candy has only been available for three weeks, its format of a two-channel 16-bit PCM encoding at a 44.1 kHz sampling rate per channel has already drawn comparisons to such classic CDs as the Beatles' Abbey Road and the Spin Doctors' Turn It Upside Down.

- The Onion

Swish
05-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Although Hard Candy has only been available for three weeks, its format of a two-channel 16-bit PCM encoding at a 44.1 kHz sampling rate per channel has already drawn comparisons to such classic CDs as the Beatles' Abbey Road and the Spin Doctors' Turn It Upside Down.

- The Onion

...until I scrolled down. Too funny.

Swish - needed a good laugh today

Ex Lion Tamer
05-20-2008, 01:58 PM

- The Onion

Thanks for the chuckle buddy. The whole article is good for a few more: http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/new_madonna_album_hailed_as

Go Wings Go OK not really, only for your benefit - enjoy the series.

Go Pistons Go Detroit seems to be on a roll. Tigers? And dare I say......Lions?

Mr Peabody
05-20-2008, 07:43 PM
I have a couple of Madonna's later albums, the one with Frozen and the one after that with Music. I thought both had merit because they were still Dance but something different though from her. I thought Hard Candy, what could she be up to now. I've only heard the samples from Hard Candy but my impression is you could drop it in her 80's album bio and never know it was from this decade. Maybe worse, I didn't hear any stand out tracks. Needless to say I will be skipping Hard Candy.

audio amateur
05-21-2008, 01:05 AM
I didn't get it:(

Stone
05-21-2008, 05:52 AM
Go Wings Go OK not really, only for your benefit - enjoy the series.

Go Pistons Go Detroit seems to be on a roll. Tigers? And dare I say......Lions?

Man, I am looking forward to that Wings/Pens series. I hope Franzen will be able to play in that series, but I kind of doubt it. Unfortunately, for game 1 I'll be seeing Spamalot with my wife and three other couples. One of the guys I'm going with is planning on receiving text message updates on the game while we are there. I'm not a big basketball fan, but there is a lot of buzz right now about the Pistons.

The Tigers don't look all that great this season (until last night), but there's a lot of games to be played, and the Lions . . . well, I'm not holding my breath.

How are those new speakers treating you, Mark?

ForeverAutumn
05-21-2008, 06:19 AM
Unfortunately, for game 1 I'll be seeing Spamalot with my wife and three other couples. One of the guys I'm going with is planning on receiving text message updates on the game while we are there.

Spamalot is hilarious! When we saw it here, they threw in some good local humour, so don't be surprised if you hear a Red Wings reference in there somewhere.

If you like Monty Python, you're in for a fun night. If you don't, well, go with an open mind. :)

Stone
05-21-2008, 06:57 AM
I'm definitely a Monty Python fan, but my wife is not (although she's looking forward to going). It should be fun (especially since we don't get out much without having kid(s) with us.

Ex Lion Tamer
05-22-2008, 05:29 AM
How are those new speakers treating you, Mark?

Still playing around with positioning, but from 100hz up man are they clear as a bell, deatiled without a hint of fatigue and voices and guitars (especially acoustic) sound incredible. Just wish I could coax a little more bass out of them. I have them in a long-wall set-up and I think that might be restricting the low end reach - so I'm going to try a short-wall set-up this weekend.

bobsticks
05-22-2008, 06:47 AM
Still playing around with positioning, but from 100hz up man are they clear as a bell, deatiled without a hint of fatigue and voices and guitars (especially acoustic) sound incredible. Just wish I could coax a little more bass out of them. I have them in a long-wall set-up and I think that might be restricting the low end reach - so I'm going to try a short-wall set-up this weekend.

Hay Tamer,

That should help a little, although for earth-shattering, ear-rending thumpin' you may still want to look into a sub. However, moving to a short wall and using the corners can help to pressurize the low-end. The trick, of course, is to do that without losing the soundstage on the sides. I have mine about three-and-a-half feet in from the sidewalls and three feet out from the back wall. Sometimes it's like walking a tightrope but when it's right, man is it nice...

Have fun

Ex Lion Tamer
05-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Hay Tamer,

That should help a little, although for earth-shattering, ear-rending thumpin' you may still want to look into a sub. However, moving to a short wall and using the corners can help to pressurize the low-end. The trick, of course, is to do that without losing the soundstage on the sides. I have mine about three-and-a-half feet in from the sidewalls and three feet out from the back wall. Sometimes it's like walking a tightrope but when it's right, man is it nice...

Have fun

Not really looking for earth-shattering bass - but I would like a little more difference between my old Energy speakers and the MLs, than I am percieving. Granted, I have not played around with the 35hz trim adjustment (but my preference is to leave it flat), nor have I spiked the speakers yet - so there is still alot of work to be done. Even with the short wall placement I should be able to keep them pretty well away from the side walls as my room is over 16 feet wide.